No more control keys on replay

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

alpac

No more control keys on replay

Post by alpac » Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:48 pm

Hi Folks,
When using the replay function to view a flight that I recorded I used to have controls keys (Play, Stop, Pause, Fast forward, Fast backward, etc...) displayed at the bottom on the screen. For some reason these control keys don't show anymore and consequently I have no control anymore on how I want to play the recording. And to stop the playing of the recording I have no choice but go to the Windows task manager via Ctrl, Alt, Del and then stop Condor. Any idea what happened?
Thanks

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Re: No more control keys on replay

Post by EDB » Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:00 pm

Do you use multiple monitors?

Can you test this :
1. Fly, save the replay, exit to main menu and then enter the replay menu and replay.
2. Exit Condor and then enter the replay menu and replay.

Is there any difference..?

alpac

Post by alpac » Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:15 am

Did that test and it made no difference. I still dont see any control key. Weird becauses I did not have this problem before.
I use an external monitor mirroring my laptop's screen but whether I connect the external screen or not makes no difference.

JShieck

Post by JShieck » Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:03 am

Press [^] key when being in replay screen.

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:49 pm

Try this :
In the VIEW REPLAY menu deselect "View ghosts saved with replay" and then View...

this one works for me...

PS
I can view replays with control menu directly after saving them, but the control menu is gone when I start Condor and then want to view an old replay and don't have "View ghosts saved with replay" deselected...

alpac

Post by alpac » Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:31 pm

yes I tried to deselect the "View ghosts saved with replay" but to no avail. Same problem, I can't get the control keys to be displayed. I must have changed something inadvertently at some time because this used to work well before but I have no idea what changed.

EDB

Post by EDB » Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:57 pm

Two thinks to test seperately :

1. Move all the .ftr files to an other folder were they are not seen by Condor. Maybe some are corrupted. Try it.

2. Remove extra connected monitors and Create a new pilot. This one will have all user settings as default. Try again

alpac

Post by alpac » Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:21 pm

Did all what you suggested but when I tried the replay I had the same problem even after rebooting the laptop computer. Since I was trying to use the replay function on the bare laptop without anything plugged to it (no joystick, no VR head set, no rudder pedals, etc...) I decided to try with everything plugged back. I plugged my oculus rift, joystick and rudders pedals back, restarted the computer and when i tried replay the control keys were back.
Thanks for your help

EDB

Post by EDB » Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:32 pm

Thanks for reporting back. Also for the new info about not only using a second monitor, but also a VR headset.

If it happens again, I'm interested in info about connecting/disconnecting HMD and other monitors. And monitors connected, but not used in Condor.