Unfunny problem with unnecessary sink

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Genchik

Unfunny problem with unnecessary sink

Post by Genchik » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:39 pm

Puzzled unbelievably.
I purchased a new computer for the Condor.
I removed the hard drive (1T) from an old computer that had a Condor (non-system drive) installed. And installed this disk into on a new computer. And I think that the problem described below lies in this.

I reinstalled Condor over the old installation in order to register Condor in the system.
Condor works great.
But from that moment on, I felt the problem with sink.
It was difficult to spot her right away. I checked for this problem for a long time. And now I know it for sure. Although I'm not sure if you will definitely believe me.
In short, the problem is that the glider receives an additional descent compared to polar data.
Approximately 0.5 m / s from the standard sink at a certain speed.
I have tested this in many different ways many times. On various landscapes, gliders, flight conditions.

What I have already done to fix the problem (in chronological order):
1. Make sure the flaps and landing gear retract normally. -Everything is fine . The result is unchanged.
2. Checked control settings. Joystick settings and calibration. Options and more. -Everything is fine .The result is unchanged.
3. Deleted the Planes folder and copied it from another work computer. The result is unchanged.
4. Reinstalled Hangar21 and installed Hangar 22. The result is unchanged.
5. Removed Condor with Unni program and reinstalled Condor from the installation package 2.1.7 The result is unchanged.
6. Thoroughly checked the Condor registry entries. -Everything is fine . The result is unchanged.
7. I drank a lot of vodka and vine out of grief. :D -Vodka is fine . The result is unchanged. :P

help me :D

wickid

Re: Unfunny problem with unnecessary sink

Post by wickid » Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:20 pm

How do you measure this sink? Does it occur on all planes? At what speeds does it happen?
PH-1504, KOE

Post by 6266 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:22 pm

Have you tried vertical sync in setup? What is your FPS (Shift-D). Maybe try to reduce FPS in NVIDIA settings, if that changes something.

If there is no change, try again with vodka, looks like the best idea :-D
Visit https://www.baleit.no

Vintage Series 24, The Journey
26 landscapes with free available textures, newest: AlpsW

Discord https://discord.gg/bAXJaRT6ZC

Pit_R

Post by Pit_R » Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:44 pm

It is old issue, since C1 era. It is called 'sink bug'.
Netto vario shows additional sink. The early part of the flight seems to be normal. The longer task, the more it is visible (just as in C1). It starts with additional -0.1 m/s. Closer to finish (or longer C2 running?) - sink increase slowly to -0.5 and more. Probably many may be affected, but on ridge races and near Vne it is just not visible well. ;)

From observations: you need to have same C2 fps as monitor's Hz. Simplest solution is to turn on 'Vertical sync' in C2.
As described here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=20802#p177144 Full screen emulation will be OK too.

We don't know what is the nature of problem, but it was reported to devs few times already. So let's hope C3 will be free of it. :)

BTW
If your monitor have 144 Hz or more - also check cable - and if possible, use DisplayPort for connection. Maybe it will help?

Rgrds
No matter where you go... There you are...

:::: Please use this envelope
to send me a PM.

Genchik

Post by Genchik » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:29 am

Thanks Friends for your answers. I hope they will help solve the problem without vodka. :)
wickid wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:20 pm
How do you measure this sink? Does it occur on all planes? At what speeds does it happen?
I measure net vario in Condor and XCsoar. Both are the same. Average value -0.5ms .
This happens on all gliders. But in a strange way. Twice (out of about 50) the flight was almost normal (as far as I could tell). On the LS4a glider. In other cases, the same glider had an additional sink.
This is most noticeable at a speed of 140 km / h. But even at slow speeds, netto is always in the red. from -0.3 to -0.6ms
6266 wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:22 pm
Have you tried vertical sync in setup? What is your FPS (Shift-D). Maybe try to reduce FPS in NVIDIA settings, if that changes something.
No, I have not tried to enable synchronization. I have a slight faint. How can this be logically related?
FPS 75-80. My PS is not the worst for the Condor. + Monitor 2K
Pit_R wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:44 pm
BTW
If your monitor have 144 Hz or more - also check cable - and if possible, use DisplayPort for connection. Maybe it will help?
Thanks for the info, Pit :idea:
I will definitely try it today.

Post by 6266 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:29 am

Genchik wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:29 am
6266 wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:22 pm
.... How can this be logically related?
I don't know the logic behind this, but I was fighting with the "sink bug" too, and got the hint to make changes here. Not sure if it really helps. I know how frustrating that is. I'm very interested to hear how you will have solved it one day.

I got the problem on longer tasks, solved the problem with flying shorter tasks and slower planes now. Feels good until now.

From the manual

Vertical sync

When using fullscreen mode, you can synchronize game refresh rate with monitor refresh rate. Use this option only if your game refresh rate is higher than monitor refresh rate.

Genchik

Post by Genchik » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:15 pm

Hello. Thank you, Friends, for your help in solving the problem. I wouldn't have guessed it myself.
I don't know what helped in the end, but the problem disappeared and I hope for good.

It is very possible that the "Vertical sync" checkbox helped. I don’t know how this could be related to sink.
Just in case, I changed the 1660 video card to 3700.

Tnx
Last edited by Genchik on Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 6266 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:05 pm

Thanks for your feedback. That is very helpful to know, that others can confirm the issue. I hope that this will be found and fixed latest with Condor 3. It's not fun to lose faith in the software. And to read not having the skill, either :-X