Flight Stick Mapping

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Rex Seattle II

Flight Stick Mapping

Post by Rex Seattle II » Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:31 pm

I have the TM Warthog HOTAS Flight Stick, Throttle and Pedals. I'm curious, what do you folks usually have mapped to the trigger, and weapon release button on the flight stick?

Right now I have the first trigger pull == wheel brakes (my pedal wheel brakes don't seem to map correctly), and the second detent maps to 'Release'.

What does the button on a real glider stick usually do? I've never flown in an actual glider/sailplane.

wickid

Re: Flight Stick Mapping

Post by wickid » Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:32 am

On a real glider there is no switch as the trigger. Some have a bigger lever lower down that works to center the trim. You pull it to get rid of the stickforce. In Condor this is simulated. The assignment is "trimmer center". It only works if "sticktrim where available" is ticked in the setup and then only gliders that have that feature. Off the top of my head: Antares, ASG29, LS4 and the LS8

Most gliders only have a single button on top that is the PTT switch for the radio. Some have buttons on the front that control the flight computer.
PH-1504, KOE

timbaeyens

Re: Flight Stick Mapping

Post by timbaeyens » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:17 am

In my RL glider, I have a mini switch on the stick (pinky level, at the back side) to switch between vario and STF.
Never use that in RL, neither in Condor though.
TT