A weird interaction between non-PDA tasks and video configuration

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Filgueiras

A weird interaction between non-PDA tasks and video configuration

Post by Filgueiras » Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:03 pm

Since weeks, I moved to a new computer, a laptop. And I found that I’m now able to use 3 monitors, the one in the laptop, and two more, connected to HDMI and USB-C ports. The result us, windows can see all those, but NVIDIA can’t.
In Condor, I can fly “normal” tasks, with no issue, but for a non-PDA task, I found myself unable to start, by taking a screenshot of the start point. After several experiments, I came to a partial solution: To turn unable the third screen, the one connected to the USB-C port.

As the navigation with 3 screens is much more efficient, mainly without PDAs, I’d prefer to use all, but I can’t figure how.

Re: A weird interaction between non-PDA tasks and video configuration

Post by 6266 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:09 pm

I can't help you with the monitors, because I only have one. But I have a hint to fly without PDA, depends of what kind of flying you wish.

If you don't need the scoring of the task with the speed, only the distance, you can fly without turnpoints in Condor. Create a task only with a start airport and fly the task you wish to fly. No turnpoints in Condor, no turnpoint helpers needed. The flight time starts with releasing and ends with landing. Upload then your IGC file on https://skylinescondor.com and get a OLC+ scoring. It's in my opinion more realistic than the use of the turnpoint helpers. And if you want to document the task with turnpoint photos, just do it.
turnpointphoto.png
Turnpoint photo from TP 1 without the huge Pylons I never saw IRL ;-)

https://skylinescondor.com/flights/8607
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Visit https://www.baleit.no

Vintage Series 24, The Journey
25 landscapes with free available textures, newest: Maine

Discord https://discord.gg/bAXJaRT6ZC

wickid

Post by wickid » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:18 pm

I think the turnpoint needs to be on the center monitor together with the left wing pointing at the base when you take the screenshot.

If I recall correctly it doesn't work with the side monitors. EDB knows more about 3 monitor setups. I'm sure he will correct me if I'm wrong.
PH-1504, KOE

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:21 pm

In your post it is not clear to me if you assigned all the monitors for use in Condor or not. Nvidia can"t see them? You use the on-board GPU in the CPU..?
"To turn unable the third screen"... In Condor, in Windows or by removing the cable..?

It has changed a few times. In the beginning you had to use the main screen.

With all monitors assigned in Condor, try this :
Start the task with the starting way-point and left wingtip in your left screen when you take the screenshot.

Filgueiras

Post by Filgueiras » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:19 pm

EDB, to better answer, I tested many arrangements. The bottom line is

This configuration that shows both wings don't allow me to star the task
This other, W/ 2 center views, do.

In any case, when I have a screen offset to the right I cannot start the task
And the left wing tip (and the TP) must be in the central monitor
It’s enough to alter the setup in condor – or disconnect the cable. Also, no difference in using the inboard GPU or Nvidia.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:45 am

Thanks for the reply. I currently can't give you any tips. I myself have also issues regarding no-pda starts with 4/3 monitors connected @ the moment. I have asked The Team for extra info.