Windows 11 installed - Can't change views and Licence Keys needed re-entry. [SOLUTION]

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

JBlyth

Windows 11 installed - Can't change views and Licence Keys needed re-entry. [SOLUTION]

Post by JBlyth » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:19 pm

I did an update of my PC from Windows 10 to Windows 11 yesterday after being prompted by Windows Update to make the upgrade. Generally it has been a painless upgrade, but I have had two problems with Condor 2.

• A minor irritant was having to re-enter my Condor 2 licence key for the program and every glider I have purchased.
[EDIT] Please disregard the next item. The problem was "caused" by some idiot (me) not recognising that the Screen Views were turned OFF in the task I was flying and using for testing. I changed tasks and all the "keyboard" issues disappeared!

• A more major one is that the various screen views no long work. If I press the F1 key, I get a prompt that it is "Cockpit View", but nothing actually changes. It's the same for F2, F3 etc - but there are no screen messages in these cases.. I tried changing the F1-F3 input keys to something else, but that didn't help. Everything else in Condor works perfectly!
I have tried a couple of keyboards with wireless and bluetooth connections. They have all worked perfectly before with Condor, but not with Windows 11 it seems. Multiple reboots didn't make any difference either. Any suggestions?

Cheers
John in Sunny Carnarvon, Western Australia
Last edited by JBlyth on Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

JBlyth

Re: Windows 11 installed - Can't change views and Licence Keys needed re-entry.

Post by JBlyth » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:05 am

Some further testing shows:-

• When starting in Cockpit View, it is impossible to get out of that view into any others. When pressing the F1 key, there is a short screen display of "Cockpit View", but when pressing any of the other view function keys, absolutely nothing happens to the screen display.
  • If I then CRASH the glider, I can cycle through ALL the other screen displays as normal, and the correct toast appears for each screen, BUT, I cannot get back to the Cockpit View.
This is most aggravating - even though I don't use the various screen views when flying very much.

Any thoughts on a solution, or any tests I can run would be most welcome news. I have tried remapping the the F1 key, but that didn't help.

[EDIT] I have tried rebooting without joysticks or throttles/flaps and removing all peripherals from the laptop, but to no avail....

Many thanks
John in Sunny Carnarvon - Western Australia

JBlyth

Re: Windows 11 installed - Can't change views and Licence Keys needed re-entry.

Post by JBlyth » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:20 am

I am OFFICIALLY a total idiot!

The reason why the screen views would not work is that they were turned OFF in the competition task I was flying and using for testing.

ARRRRRGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!

Why did I not think of that before spending a considerable time trying everything else!

My humble apologies for causing disquiet to the developers..

Cheers
John