LastTrack.ftr flight track saves

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

congo

LastTrack.ftr flight track saves

Post by congo » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:54 am

I'm not sure this subject has been dealt with before in the forum, but here goes.....

Condor saves the .ftr file as LastTrack.ftr and this gets over written after each flight.

I cannot express how much frustration this has caused me over the years, when I needed the .ftr
for multiple purposes but found it was lost to an overwrite.

There must be a better way to save the .ftr files.

Perhaps save two files, one as LastTrack.ftr and another with sequential numbering or better yet, a datestamp ID so it does not get overwritten?

Please?

If there is some kind of integrity or anti-cheat reason why things are the way they are, I could understand, but other than that, the current .ftr save method could be improved so we don't lose these files, thanks.

wickid

Re: LastTrack.ftr flight track saves

Post by wickid » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:41 am

Ehm... in the menu you get after the flight has a button to save flight track. If you click it you can name it whatever you want and it is saved in your mydocuments/condor/flighttracks folder permanently.
PH-1504, KOE

congo

Post by congo » Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:47 pm

Thanks wickid,

But being human, I often forget, get distracted, or some other reason and of course, as soon as you hit "Start Flight" again, the .ftr is gone forever.

It often happens.
Am I the only one who loses the flight track? I don't think so, and I think it should be fixed.

It's most annoying if you've just done a 2-3 hour race and you accidently review the task before uploading the .ftr

It's most annoying when it happens to you.

It seems as if it would be easy to find an alternate and more fool proof way to auto-save the .ftr

Filgueiras

Post by Filgueiras » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:39 am

There's a folder, \documents\condor\RaceResults containing lots of .fpl files. In my case, 60, and 60 .csv, since june/21 to date. I've found a lost flight there

Post by 6266 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:07 am

fpl files are the flightplans, ftr files are the flighttracks, that's something different.

The folder could be a nice place to autosave the fpr file additional to the LastTrack.fpr, but only online flights are saved there.

Flying is to follow routines. After a flight my routine is

Save the ftr file
Look in the flight analysis
- save the igc file
- flight info
- barogram
- map, replay the flight
Optional upload the ftr or igc file (depends on the target system)

I have all my ftr files, missed only one. After 8 days (incl. training days) SGP with 4 hours sleep a day I saved the 8th flight over the 7th, but I downloaded it from CC again ... ;-)

Only on cancelled and restarted flights I miss the ftr, but is there anybody who needs that ones?
Visit https://www.baleit.no

Vintage Series 24, The Journey
24 landscapes with free available textures, newest: AlpsE

Discord https://discord.gg/bAXJaRT6ZC

congo

Post by congo » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:22 am

6266 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:07 am
Flying is to follow routines.
Oh, I agree, 6266, but don't assume your routine is the same as everyone else's.

When your responsibilities include teaching student pilots, coaching better ones and
reviewing the flights in a large group, as well as running seperate servers for tasks,
PC support for those with issues etc, etc..... things can get a tad busy and your little
routine never gets a look in, fast and furious confusion is more like it.

Then the requests from the pilots come rolling in, "could you change this or that please?"
So you fire up the task and POOF! , your .ftr is gone.

JLN

Post by JLN » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:11 am

Hello

I agree with Congo, I often regret not to have saved my ftr...
But I would add that for replays it's worse : AFAIK there is not any last-replay.rpy automaticaly generated and I often regret not to have recorded my flight for, for example making with it a lesson to train myself.

Best regards
JL

Post by 6266 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:45 am

congo wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:22 am
Oh, I agree, 6266, but don't assume your routine is the same as everyone else's.
Maybe you didn't noticed that I support your suggestion ... ;-)

6266 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:07 am
The folder could be a nice place to autosave the fpr file additional to the LastTrack.fpr ...
Visit https://www.baleit.no

Vintage Series 24, The Journey
24 landscapes with free available textures, newest: AlpsE

Discord https://discord.gg/bAXJaRT6ZC