Invalid Class Error

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

mafehn

Invalid Class Error

Post by mafehn » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:26 am

Started up Condor 2 after not using it for a few months. When I start it I get an window displaying "Invalid Class". Condor 2 starts but I notice it is asking me to activate it. I have the key to activate it, but I can't run Free Flight. I get an odd icon in a window with a title of "error" in the top of the window. Every time I stop and restart the app, I have to activate and same errors. I've reinstalled and applied my license key and no luck. This seems like a compatibility issue with an OS upgrade or something. Any body else have this problem recently? Thanks

OXO
Condor Team

Re: Invalid Class Error

Post by OXO » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:09 am

full reinstall after deleting all condor folders.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

mafehn

Post by mafehn » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:18 pm

Thanks for the quick response. I did remove all Condor and Condor 2 folders and reinstalled and installed the Condor 2 patch. When I started Condor 2 I was prompted to enter my pilot information which was a good sign that I had removed all Condor 2 content. Unfortunately, I received the same Invalid Class error window again. I did activate the software, exited and started Condor 2 again, but same error. Any additional recommendations?

Thanks, Mark

VISCOUSgroove

Post by VISCOUSgroove » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:28 pm

Were you able to fix this problem. I am getting the same error Invalid Class when C2 starts up and I am asked to activate each time. I cannot play in multiplayer. I have uninstalled / reinstalled and deleted all related files and folders. I have also tried to run in Admin. I cleared the regedit for C2. ???
Any help would be appreciated.

VISCOUSgroove

Post by VISCOUSgroove » Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:49 am

<SOLVED>

I fixed the problem by rebuilding the WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) Repository. This got corrupted somehow and is not a C2 issue. There are several fixes online doing a search.

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:02 pm

Well done!

But..

WTF !!!!
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team