Condor 3 feature requests

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Kekelekou

Re: Condor 3 feature requests

Post by Kekelekou » Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:01 am

ryanwoodie wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:06 am
My experience is that shifting the start-time doesn't change the weather, it only shifts the ghost position slightly so that it is a little (10 to 100m?) out of sync in position. I find it still works to race ghosts with an edited start time, but I can't rely on them to help immediately center thermals. It might be more of a bug-fix or accuracy improvement than anything.
I should have been more specific : altering the start time of the task will not change the weather settings (strength of thermals, wind speed and variation, etc) but the location of each thermal will not be the same. Wiek confirmed it :
wickid wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:45 pm
I will try to explain:

If you change something in the fpl the weather seed will be different. If it wasn't you'd always get the thermals in the same place with the same weather settings. That is undesirable as the weather would become predictable. Only if you use the exact flightplan of the ghost with the weather seed saved with it the weather will match. As soon as you alter anything (like the time) a new seed is generated and the thermals will be in different places.

This is also the purpose of the randomise weather each fight option. It will regenerate the seed every time the fpl is loaded so the weather will be slightly different (same strenght thermals but in different spots)
Flying with ghosts only makes sense (in my opinion anyway :lol: ) if the task conditions (ie weather and thermals) I am flying in are a 100% match with the ghosts' one.

simsoarer

Re: Condor 3 feature requests PDA

Post by simsoarer » Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:07 am

Not sure if this has already been asked for, if so my apologies. On the PDA map screen, due to the shape of the PDA it would be nice to be able to switch the display between no map, north up and track up. It would help when zooming out to check the terrain ahead when flying East or Westerly orientated tracks.

CristianoConrado

Post by CristianoConrado » Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:26 pm

Hello everybody,

Sorry if anyone has already suggested this feature, I checked and couldn't find it.

One of the most important implementations I can think of is reconnection after disconnection during races.

As our position data continues to be updated after disconnection, while flying offline, it would be possible to reconnect and return to the race normally.

A simulator that had this script well implemented was the old Falcon 4.

Some details to note:

1) Pause must be disabled and autopilot enabled even for offline flights after multiplayer disconection.

2) There may be a few seconds where the reconnected glider does not cause collisions with others within the server (like a ghost dor some seconds).

3) Reconnection can be attempted at a stipulated interval, like every 30 seconds, for example.

4) Even if the server itself has a problem (restart / lack of electricity, etc), as soon as the simulator is restarted, the session can be restarted and it can accept the reconnection of the pilots who were in the race, and who would be at that moment , requesting reconnection.

Disregard any phrasing errors - as I use Google translate, it sometimes changes the meaning of sentences.

[CON]
Last edited by CristianoConrado on Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 6266 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:58 pm

CristianoConrado wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:26 pm
1) Pause must be disabled and autopilot enabled even for offline flights.
We fly the Vintage Series usually offline. We need the pause because we want to include all interested people. Some are not able to fly 2 hours in one piece. They should be able to fly f.x. 30 minutes, pause a longer time, maybe over night, and continue the flight until the next pause.

In my opinion it's a cheating feature. Flying together with others, all can see you, but you know the landscape perfect. For not the others to follow you, you go offline, fly the magic route and come back.

I understand the wish especially in regions with bad infrastructure, but it can easy be used for cheating.
Visit https://www.baleit.no

Vintage Series 24, The Journey
25 landscapes with free available textures, newest: Maine

Discord https://discord.gg/bAXJaRT6ZC

CristianoConrado

Post by CristianoConrado » Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:33 pm

Make it a server option, but i think it will be not possible when reconection option is enabled for multiplayer sessions.
Last edited by CristianoConrado on Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DanD

Post by DanD » Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:54 pm

Task window - the ability to have variable sizing of the window, rather than discrete steps. Also, a much larger window, for task screen shots for competitions.

More towplanes than 16; we have 25 people and want to keep join times down.

Having the turnpoint altitudes on the task window, for screen shots, would be handy for task planning. And, both metric and imperial measurements in turnpoint properties windows.

Looking forward to Condor 3, though 2 is still very good.

Dan

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:26 pm

DanD wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:54 pm
Task window - the ability to have variable sizing of the window, rather than discrete steps
Window type TPs are arcade stuff. :roll: I wouldn't cry if they were dropped in V3

Having said that, you can fine tune window size (or regular TP altitudes) if you type in the values in the properties box instead of using the arrows.
The display is rounded to the nearest 100m, but the value in the properties box are not.
image_2023-01-15_172606754.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

DanD

Post by DanD » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:59 pm

Thank you, I was not referring to the size or shape of the turnpoint, but the window that displays the task - the Flight Planner task tab.

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:54 pm

DanD wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:59 pm
Thank you, I was not referring to the size or shape of the turnpoint, but the window that displays the task - the Flight Planner task tab.
Sorry I misunderstood your post, mostly because if was mislead by:
rather than discrete steps.
which I'm afraid I don't see what it refers to as the flight planner window has a fixed size in V2
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

rollllgggg

Post by rollllgggg » Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:43 am

It would be nice to be able see a student sit in the cockpit of a ghost glider and observe the flight of an imported cross country igc track. Glider club students rarely get a chance to venture away from the field and have a very limited idea of what lies beyond.
It would give them the feel and visual experience of there surroundings. So when they do venture out there they at least would
have been there -sorta. Same thing in flying the circuit.

kvzyl

Post by kvzyl » Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:42 pm

Linux use
Lutris is an application allowing Linux users to run windows applications. it would be great to see that. nobaraproject.org is a distro that would work well.

Kev

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:19 pm

kvzyl wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:42 pm
Linux use
Lutris is an application allowing Linux users to run windows applications. it would be great to see that. nobaraproject.org is a distro that would work well.

Kev

Forum search is your friend.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=20991
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

timt

Post by timt » Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:41 pm

He are some things I would like to see regarding winch launching in condor:

1. To be able to simulate winch power failures as well as cable breaks.

2. Ability to disable the warning text and sound that the simulator makes when there is a cable break, to make it more realistic when training for launch failures.

3. Have the winch placement within the boundary of the airfield. For many shorter airfield the winch is currently beyond the boundary and this give the impression that you can launch much higher than is actually achievable in the real.

4. Have the physics take into account wind speed/direction and the amount of pilot layoff, all these should lead to differences in the maximum achievable height during launch.

5. Back release at the top of the winch launch.

Kaibeth

Post by Kaibeth » Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:54 am

I would kind of like to see the wind compass on the PDA have an option for "track up," as I have visualization difficulties, and it's not easy for me to track where the wind is coming from.

I died today because of it.

Also, the bestest thing of all ever you could add to C3 would be the trim handle in the cockpit moving in accordance with the trim setting. Then I could turn off the HUD and know at a glance my basic trim setting.

Thanks!
Postojna is no longer a pain in my empennage. :mrgreen:

ryanto

Post by ryanto » Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:13 pm

Kaibeth wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:54 am
I would kind of like to see the wind compass on the PDA have an option for "track up," as I have visualization difficulties, and it's not easy for me to track where the wind is coming from.

I died today because of it.

Also, the bestest thing of all ever you could add to C3 would be the trim handle in the cockpit moving in accordance with the trim setting. Then I could turn off the HUD and know at a glance my basic trim setting.

Thanks!
I agree. I find it always annoying to have the north as a reference for the wind and not the plane itself.