Condor 3 feature requests

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

wickid

Re: Condor 3 feature requests

Post by wickid » Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:24 am

Jono wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:09 am
Will addon aircraft purchased for C2 be useable in C3, or will we have to purchase these all again?
OXO confirmed that the purchased planes will also work in Condor 3
PH-1504, KOE

sisu1a

Post by sisu1a » Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:35 am

Jono wrote:
Will addon aircraft purchased for C2 be useable in C3, or will we have to purchase these all again?
C2 planes will be compatible with C3, same with landscapes

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:24 am

Your C2 keys will also activate the C3 planes
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:27 am

sisu1a wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:35 am
Jono wrote:
C2 planes will be compatible with C3, same with landscapes
This is not correct. Planes are updated for C3 but they aren’t compatible with C2
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

bobmorane

Post by bobmorane » Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:20 pm

Maybe I should have posted here rather than in multiplayer?
Need IPv6 support on Condor 3

JeffSmith

Post by JeffSmith » Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:40 pm

A question on the weather setup.
It would be good to be able to adjust the upper wind's direction as well.
Then the Sim's weather conditions could be made closer to what we find in the Berg.
Will that be possible with Condor 3?

I think the PDA map screen would look much better if the Start, Finish and Turn Point etc. labels were abbreviated to S, F, T.
That will make for a clearer view of the map's detail. Regards Jeff

RianMonnahan

Post by RianMonnahan » Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:10 pm

Hi All,

In addition to a more realistic weather model, it would be nice to be able easily add landscape objects without invalidating the scenery. I am specifically interested in being able to add aerial tram obstacles to alpine scenery as an aid for training local pilots on where they are and how to avoid them.

Cheers,

Rian Monnahan
AKA Aeroporc - 4E
FI(S) in real life

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:33 pm

You can already add objects to landscapes without any issues. Apart from frame drops... But better ask the builder first.

Rotareneg

Post by Rotareneg » Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:12 pm

Some kind of off-line gaggle practice mode would be cool, even if it's just a bunch of pre-recorded glider ghosts (with collision turned on) entering, climbing, and exiting a stationary and perpetual thermal.

bluefang

Post by bluefang » Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:20 am

EDB wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:33 pm
You can already add objects to landscapes without any issues. Apart from frame drops... But better ask the builder first.
This reminds me of another high-priority feature request for us landscape developers... The ability to set LoD (Level of Detail) for scenery objects. As it is now, vision of ALL scenery objects is capped at something like 3 miles / 5km. This makes sense for small objects, like houses, buildings, etc... but for large objects, like Cooling towers or High-Rise buildings (city skylines), this is not close to realistic. Our local gliding airport is about 20 miles from our downtown area, and on a clear day, the skyline is easily visible - however, in Condor you have to get as close as 3miles before any of the modeled buildings start showing up. This is a big deal for flat-land landscapes - where we don't have mountains we can use for orientation. We have big objects we use for orientation - and even when modeled for Condor, they just don't show up until you are right on top of them.

Some examples:

Approaching a power plant in Condor - Cooling Tower should be easily visible - but it is not:
power-plant-no-tower.jpg
What it should look like in Condor, but doesn't:
tower-placed-image.jpg

How close you actually have to get before it is actually visible:
tower-fully-visible.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Get my scenery on condor.club: RDU-USA (Raleigh/Durham area of NC)

JeffSmith

Post by JeffSmith » Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:52 pm

As a work-around, perhaps you could paint a white circle where the cooling tower is located
and raise the ground height to produce a cylindrical tower.

johngfoster

Post by johngfoster » Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:06 am

1. I would love to see direct integration of XC Soar into the in-game PDA, instead of having to do work-arounds to make it work, particularly when using VR.

2. Ridge lift: currently it seems that the wind blows OVER the mountain, but in real life the wind will also blow AROUND the mountain. It would be great to have a more realistic 3D wind-direction model for mountains/ridge lift. This would make the lift not quite as predictable, as it now is in Condor2, and more like it is in real life.

3. Convergence lift: this would require the ability to have two different weather models (at least) over different parts of the map, and thus have the ability to have changing weather depending on where you fly. It would also be nice to be able to have different weather at different times of the day, like when an approaching cold front comes through.

4. Ability to use SkySight as a sourse for weather modelling, including how it predicts the weather will change in different places throughout the day. Of course, that would mean a much more complex weather model, and I don't know if that is currently possible without breaking the bank for a much more powerful computer to drive it.

5. Force Feedback customization: currently we have the ability to set the general amount of force feedback on all axes when using a Force Feedback joystick. However, it would be nice to be able to separate the axes. In other words, have very little force feedback for elevator, but normal, or stiff force feedback for aileron, particularly for gliders with all-flying elevators like the Std. Cirrus and the ASW-15B. Again, not sure if this is possible though.

lucax663

Post by lucax663 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:11 am

Hello, it would be good since we all use xcsoar the program at the same time that it saves fpl, it would also do it in task format in the specific xcsoar folder, I also find it interesting to add wind arrow in PDA on the map screen and have the tracking option and not always the north up, that the gliders are loaded with water by default

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:25 am

lucax663 wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:11 am
Hello, it would be good since we all use xcsoar the program at the same time that it saves fpl, it would also do it in task format in the specific xcsoar folder
Until then, CoTaCo can do that automatically, if you use a script to start other utilities before Condor
[...] that the gliders are loaded with water by default
I don't think that happens IRL :wink:
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

Post by 6266 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:49 am

Bre901 wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:25 am
lucax663 wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:11 am
[...] that the gliders are loaded with water by default
I don't think that happens IRL :wink:
There are more things in Condor different from RL, because it isn't RL. F.x. flying different planes all with the same sign, or crashing 1:30 min before race start and fly the race nevertheless after join in again.

So I think the idea is not bad, I would like it with an ini file for each plane, where the default settings can be set. With water or not, with fixed ballast, which skin a.s.o. So if you have to re join in after a mistake seconds before a race, you automatically get your own default settings, not the ones from Condor
Visit https://www.baleit.no

Vintage Series 24, The Journey
25 landscapes with free available textures, newest: Maine

Discord https://discord.gg/bAXJaRT6ZC