Condor 3 feature requests

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Kaibeth

Re: Condor 3 feature requests

Post by Kaibeth » Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:18 am

“The Community” has been making detailed and accurate freeware aircraft for “other sims” for a long time. So, that’s not necessarily as limiting a factor as it is being portrayed.

The fact that Condor is used in competitive soaring is a whole other can of worms. Myself, I am, for now, a casual soarer on a fixed income, so I would like to see some more nice gliders for free to try. Selfish, I guess.

I am glad to know there are hack checks in place to prevent that kind of potential cheating.
Postojna is no longer a pain in my empennage. :mrgreen:

Post by 6266 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:43 am

Kaibeth wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:18 am
... I would like to see some more nice gliders for free to try.
The number of peoples buying Condor isn't really big I guess. It's a huge project with a lot of work. The result is amazing. To sell more planes is for sure a good way to get a little bit more money for it. That's the reason why in my suggestion the experimental planes are to buy (not sure if it's even possible). In my opinion these planes should have a higher price than the original ones, something between 20 and 50 Euro is fair in my opinion. To share the results of the experimental planes will not be for free, because everybody using them, has to buy the experimental plane, before the result can be used. And it will fly like the original plane, so why sharing it? It should only be a method to work on a living object, where one can see the result of the work immediately.

So it was not meant for to get more free planes. In my opinion there are enough free planes to try nearly all kind of glider. Paying is the most important way to recognize the very good work of the Condor team, please don't press more free solutions out of them.
Visit https://www.baleit.no

Vintage Series 24, The Journey
25 landscapes with free available textures, newest: Maine

Discord https://discord.gg/bAXJaRT6ZC

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:54 am

Kaibeth wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:18 am
“The Community” has been making detailed and accurate freeware aircraft for “other sims” for a long time. So, that’s not necessarily as limiting a factor as it is being portrayed.

The fact that Condor is used in competitive soaring is a whole other can of worms. Myself, I am, for now, a casual soarer on a fixed income, so I would like to see some more nice gliders for free to try. Selfish, I guess.

I am glad to know there are hack checks in place to prevent that kind of potential cheating.
This could be debatable. Those I know who have flown the freeware gliders in MSFS state their glide performance is too good and overall feel isn't as close to RL as the gliders in Condor. Visually I agree that there are some amazing looking freeware aircraft made by the community for other simulators. A big part of Condor is that the flying dynamics / physics are as close to RL as possible so I understand why the devs like to be sure that this is correct before releasing a glider.

The only thing I'd suggest for Condor 3 is not have the Genesis as the default STD class glider, please provide the LS8 or Discus2 and if the devs were being really nice release the EB29 as a default glider so all are on a level playing field in Open class tasks without the need to purchase any extra gliders.
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....

Post by 6266 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:26 am

Paul_UK wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:54 am
The only thing I'd suggest for Condor 3 is not have the Genesis as the default STD class glider, please provide the LS8 or Discus2 and if the devs were being really nice release the EB29 as a default glider so all are on a level playing field in Open class tasks without the need to purchase any extra gliders.
Sorry, I'm on the disagree path today (or more often) ;-)

The price for Condor 2 in the small version is 60 Euro (ok, 59,99), Discus is 11 and EB is 16.

If you need the two planes, it's 87 Euro.

So if the Condor team follows your suggestion, the price for the small version will be 89,99 including Discus and EB and all are happy, because the two planes are included? I don't need the EB and I don't want to pay more for the small version because of that plane. I like to pick those planes I really want to have (and I have a lot and like them all, but not the EB). We are talking about 11 Euro for a usual plane. You can't get a Big Mac menu for that price here in Norway...

I like the really small version, because you get some good planes and the whole Condor for a small price, and if you really need more planes, buy them additional. Or buy the big package with all actual planes. But don't want all for nothing.

JLN

Post by JLN » Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:19 am

Hello
I agree that the price of the basis pack of Condor has to remain as it is to help people to try it
On the other hand, Condor is a competition game (I know that it is a very good tool for learning and training but cannot be only that) and the owner of the basis pack cannot compete fairly with the pilots equipped with the best gliders especially in non handicapped races. World series yesterday was an open race and there were 95 % EB29 (for me it was 19 € (dif taxes ?)) So for non handicapped races you will need a JS3, a lS8, a LS4 etc

I dont say I have a solution but I like and prefer handicapped races where a genesis can compete with a EB29..
Or may be a Competition kit with all the best gliders with a discount for bulk purchase, and a Vintage kit with some very old ones and so on..

Post by 6266 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:19 pm

Can you compete fairly with a bad hardware?

My hardware (not really high quality, only good enough):

Laptop: 1600 Euro
Joystick: 120 Euro
Pedals: 200 Euro (or 100? I forgot)
Eyetracker: 200 Euro

I don't have VR or big monitors, let alone a professional cockpit

But 16 Euro (yes, other tax, outside EU it's without tax, Norway is outside EU) or 19 is too expensive? I could buy more than 100 EB's for my hardware ...

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:56 pm

In the early days of condor, there was a guy who won almost everything.

That was Karsten Leucker and he had no joystick or pedals. Flew condor with mouse alone.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

wickid

Post by wickid » Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:23 pm

OXO wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:56 pm
In the early days of condor, there was a guy who won almost everything.

That was Karsten Leucker and he had no joystick or pedals. Flew condor with mouse alone.
I fly with mouse only when I'm on the road :lol: .

I know a guy who flies with his laptop trackpad and does pretty well. :D
PH-1504, KOE

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:34 pm

6266 wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:26 am
Paul_UK wrote:

The price for Condor 2 in the small version is 60 Euro (ok, 59,99), Discus is 11 and EB is 16.

So if the Condor team follows your suggestion, the price for the small version will be 89,99 including Discus and EB and all are happy, because the two planes are included? I don't need the EB and I don't want to pay more for the small version because of that plane. I like to pick those planes I really want to have (and I have a lot and like them all, but not the EB). We are talking about 11 Euro for a usual plane. You can't get a Big Mac menu for that price here in Norway...

I like the really small version, because you get some good planes and the whole Condor for a small price, and if you really need more planes, buy them additional. Or buy the big package with all actual planes. But don't want all for nothing.
I only suggest a better STD class glider and the EB as even with handicap in play the Genesis rarely does well in a STD class task. If All class is set and it's a thermal task it's likely the EB will romp away and if it is Open class that is almost a certain. The best way I have found to level the playing field in All class tasks is a wing load limit. That seems to work well in the mountains but in a flat land thermal task the EB would still generally take the lead even albeit by not as big a margin.

The LS8 and EB have been out for some time and I was just thinking as there will be many more new gliders to be released in the future it'd be nice if Condor 3 came with relatively competitive gliders for all classes in the base package.
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:39 pm

6266 wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:19 pm
Can you compete fairly with a bad hardware?

My hardware (not really high quality, only good enough):

Laptop: 1600 Euro
Joystick: 120 Euro
Pedals: 200 Euro (or 100? I forgot)
Eyetracker: 200 Euro

I don't have VR or big monitors, let alone a professional cockpit

But 16 Euro (yes, other tax, outside EU it's without tax, Norway is outside EU) or 19 is too expensive? I could buy more than 100 EB's for my hardware ...
We just have the odd mid-air or two :lol: :mrgreen: Though I see you have an eye tracker now, how is that working out for you? I'm still just using a single 1920x1080 monitor.

Post by 6266 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:00 pm

Paul_UK wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:39 pm
We just have the odd mid-air or two :lol: :mrgreen: Though I see you have an eye tracker now, how is that working out for you? I'm still just using a single 1920x1080 monitor.
I only use a 1920 x 1080 laptop monitor, but with the eyetracker (only used as headtracker) it's amazing. Needed FaceTrackNOIR for to get it work and learned, that this software for round about 3 Euro will be enough. It works with the camera. Worth to try. Maybe it's better with the tobii5 eyetracker

wickid

Post by wickid » Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:07 pm

Paul_UK wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:34 pm
6266 wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:26 am
Paul_UK wrote:

I only suggest a better STD class glider and the EB as even with handicap in play the Genesis rarely does well in a STD class task. If All class is set and it's a thermal task it's likely the EB will romp away and if it is Open class that is almost a certain. The best way I have found to level the playing field in All class tasks is a wing load limit. That seems to work well in the mountains but in a flat land thermal task the EB would still generally take the lead even albeit by not as big a margin.

The LS8 and EB have been out for some time and I was just thinking as there will be many more new gliders to be released in the future it'd be nice if Condor 3 came with relatively competitive gliders for all classes in the base package.
OXO said:
OXO wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:51 am
- There will be one new plane added to the ones included free with Condor.
- Currently we expect that on release day we will have between 3 and 5 new planes available to buy.
- Under construction and fairly well advanced are another 8 planes which will be released in the months following.
- There are 4 new towplanes being prepared. I'm sure that 2 or 3 of these will be included in V3. Maybe all 4.
PH-1504, KOE

Kaibeth

Post by Kaibeth » Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:13 pm

I never meant to imply that planes for Condor SHOULD be free. I was more suggesting that opening third-party plane making would possibly lead to some freeware birds, from which I admit I would benefit. I feel the additional aircraft sold on the Condor website are very fairly priced. I'm working towards saving for several of them. Disability makes that take a while. :D

I have never flown with a mouse. When I started flight simming in 2002 I had a Logitech Extreme 3D at my disposal. I can't even imagine it. And to win competitions with only a mouse? Just wow.

Thanks, y'all, for being a great community. I'm learning more every day.
Postojna is no longer a pain in my empennage. :mrgreen:

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:23 pm

Unsure if this has been mentioned before.

As VR is becoming more popular when flying a Non PDA task it'd be useful to be able to bring up a map of the task.

Unsure on the best way to go about this. Small map of the complete task on the PDA would probably be too small.

How about on pressing an assigned key a map that the user has created themselves appears on the screen?

wickid

Post by wickid » Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:02 pm

OXO wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:51 am
- There will be one new plane added to the ones included free with Condor.
Paul_UK wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:34 pm
I only suggest a better STD class glider and the EB as even with handicap in play the Genesis rarely does well in a STD class task.

This oke?

stdclass.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PH-1504, KOE