Condor 3 feature requests

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Sprunga
Posts: 354
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 2:11 am
Location: Brisbane Australia

Re: Condor 3 feature requests

Post by Sprunga » Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:42 pm

Jet Sustainer for the JS3 !!
Image

hkj
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:03 pm

Re: Condor 3 feature requests

Post by hkj » Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:09 am

Where can I learn more about the Condor 3 announcement? :)
What has been said so far?

User avatar
wickid
Posts: 2022
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:32 pm
Location: Venlo, NL
Contact:

Re: Condor 3 feature requests

Post by wickid » Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:50 am

hkj wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:09 am
Where can I learn more about the Condor 3 announcement? :)
What has been said so far?
Announcement here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo79OHTOojc&t=4838s

And OXO has confirmed some stuff in various threads on the forum.
PH-1504, KOE

User avatar
OXO
Condor Team
Posts: 6007
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:08 am
Contact:

Re: Condor 3 feature requests

Post by OXO » Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:29 pm

Yeah, trouble is I can’t remember what I already revealed.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

arneh
Posts: 540
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:34 am

Re: Condor 3 feature requests

Post by arneh » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:16 am

OXO wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:29 pm
Yeah, trouble is I can’t remember what I already revealed.
You have already revealed everything, so no point trying to hold any secrets any more, just talk about everything ;)

User avatar
OXO
Condor Team
Posts: 6007
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:08 am
Contact:

Re: Condor 3 feature requests

Post by OXO » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:44 am

arneh wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:16 am
OXO wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:29 pm
Yeah, trouble is I can’t remember what I already revealed.
You have already revealed everything, so no point trying to hold any secrets any more, just talk about everything ;)
Nice try.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

User avatar
Kekelekou
Posts: 75
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:31 pm

Re: Condor 3 feature requests

Post by Kekelekou » Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:01 am

One small thing that would make my life easier would be to have the possibility to install landscapes outside the Condor2 folder. The hard drives get full pretty fast, and this would add a welcome flexibility in the way the storage can be managed.
Image

User avatar
Paul_UK
Posts: 625
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:05 pm
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: Condor 3 feature requests

Post by Paul_UK » Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:34 am

Kekelekou wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:01 am
One small thing that would make my life easier would be to have the possibility to install landscapes outside the Condor2 folder. The hard drives get full pretty fast, and this would add a welcome flexibility in the way the storage can be managed.
There are ways to do this already. If you use Condor Updater this allows you to install Landscapes in a folder outside of the main Condor2 folder
Image
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....

User avatar
Bre901
Posts: 1444
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:57 pm
Location: Annecy (France)
Contact:

Re: Condor 3 feature requests

Post by Bre901 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:40 pm

Paul_UK wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:34 am
There are ways to do this already. If you use Condor Updater this allows you to install Landscapes in a folder outside of the main Condor2 folder
If you don't want to use Condor Updater (which is probably a bad idea as this easy to use tool is really a blessing), an alternative is to use the junction generator I have written, see there: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=18924
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

User avatar
Kekelekou
Posts: 75
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:31 pm

Re: Condor 3 feature requests

Post by Kekelekou » Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:31 pm

Thank you Marc and Paul.
Never too late to learn new tricks.
(A native feature to declare the different landscape folders wouldn’t hurt though).
Image

Jantar
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:26 am

Re: Condor 3 feature requests

Post by Jantar » Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:37 am

Hi, would it be possible to add animation of opening/closing glider´s cabin? Thx

User avatar
OXO
Condor Team
Posts: 6007
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:08 am
Contact:

Re: Condor 3 feature requests

Post by OXO » Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:28 pm

Jantar wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:37 am
Hi, would it be possible to add animation of opening/closing glider´s cabin? Thx
We had this idea 3 years ago. All planes are prepared for it now, but we’ve not done it in favour of more useful features.

It may happen at some point.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

witor
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:47 pm

Re: Condor 3 feature requests

Post by witor » Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:46 pm

It would be nice if server could record online race with all participants and then (if reply is published by the host) if we could could reply the whole race.

This would allow many things. For example to make a race recap video from future important races like FAI virtual grand prix.

User avatar
Paul_UK
Posts: 625
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:05 pm
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: Condor 3 feature requests

Post by Paul_UK » Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:56 pm

witor wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:46 pm
It would be nice if server could record online race with all participants and then (if reply is published by the host) if we could could reply the whole race.

This would allow many things. For example to make a race recap video from future important races like FAI virtual grand prix.
The group I fly with, 'VSC UK', had a member create such videos of a race series we hosted (Thanks Stonks!), Here's an example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ctVz-_mpCg&t=3s It's a mix of in Condor footage combined with a replay of all our FTR's. Most of us who use the Discord channel converted our FTR's to IGC so they could be replayed in Soaringlab (I think).

It'd be good if you could simply load up Condor in spectate mode offline and replay all FTR's provided for the task. Unsure if the uploading of the FTR could be automated as that has to come from each individual's PC, but that's what it'd require.
Image
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....

Rotareneg
Posts: 212
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:59 am

Re: Condor 3 feature requests

Post by Rotareneg » Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:12 pm

It'd be nice if you could restart after landing at the starting airport when flying offline. It's mildly inconvenient currently to practice winch or towing as you have to host a MP session to enable the restarts after landing.
Image

Post Reply