Condor 3 feature requests

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

timbaeyens

Re: Condor 3 feature requests

Post by timbaeyens » Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:23 am

Kaibeth wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:54 am
I would kind of like to see the wind compass on the PDA have an option for "track up," as I have visualization difficulties, and it's not easy for me to track where the wind is coming from.

I died today because of it.

Also, the bestest thing of all ever you could add to C3 would be the trim handle in the cockpit moving in accordance with the trim setting. Then I could turn off the HUD and know at a glance my basic trim setting.

Thanks!
Cotasa is your friend: viewtopic.php?t=18705&start=210
http://www.condorutill.fr/
TT

Kaibeth

Post by Kaibeth » Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:08 am

I fly exclusively in VR.
Postojna is no longer a pain in my empennage. :mrgreen:

ryanto

Post by ryanto » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:13 pm

I dont know if it has been suggested, but it would be nice to have working radio, so we could communicate like in real life, through the game with anyone in multiplayer

Avelina

Post by Avelina » Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:07 am

Third-party aircraft support.

If cheating is the concern, add options in the NOTAM. Simple is a checkbox, better is options to be able to select add-ons to be allowed for a task.

With just about every other simulator I've enjoyed, I could mess with aircraft files and play with how things worked. Doing so gave me valuable insight into how the aircraft and the simulators worked. I was very disappointed when I found out Condor 2 doesn't give me any ability to play with the aircraft designs and see what happens. I would love access to tools to be able to do this.

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:52 am

Avelina wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:07 am
Third-party aircraft support.

If cheating is the concern, add options in the NOTAM. Simple is a checkbox, better is options to be able to select add-ons to be allowed for a task.

With just about every other simulator I've enjoyed, I could mess with aircraft files and play with how things worked. Doing so gave me valuable insight into how the aircraft and the simulators worked. I was very disappointed when I found out Condor 2 doesn't give me any ability to play with the aircraft designs and see what happens. I would love access to tools to be able to do this.
Never.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

Avelina

Post by Avelina » Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:14 pm

OXO wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:52 am
Avelina wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:07 am
Third-party aircraft support...
Never.
Seeing that does hurt some of my excitement for Condor 3, but I am still curious about the improvements that will be there.

I would be interested to know the total ground distance I have covered while gliding (including flight outside of tasks). Is there a way to get that information? If you can find this information within Condor 2 I haven't seen that yet.

maymar

Post by maymar » Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:45 pm

Avelina wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:14 pm

I would be interested to know the total ground distance I have covered while gliding (including flight outside of tasks). Is there a way to get that information? If you can find this information within Condor 2 I haven't seen that yet.
Upload your flight to CondorClub and you'll get that info

Jarmo K

Post by Jarmo K » Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:03 pm

Easiest way:
1- open Condor
2- select pilot (the one you use most)
3- select logbook from down left corner
There you find all info og your flights (time, distance, e.t.c.)
br,
Jarmo
CNR2_logbook.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Avelina

Post by Avelina » Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:18 pm

There are many entries in my Condor 2 logbook with a distance of 0 when I know I flew a distance. That does not contain the information I am looking for.

Uploading my flight somewhere could give me more information, but I'd rather have that built into the simulator and be an automatic thing that I don't have to take additional steps to accomplish. The simulator has all of the data to track this information.

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:22 pm

It only logs a distance if you fly through an open start gate I think.
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....

JShieck

Post by JShieck » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:52 pm

Connect your Condor with XC-Soar

JBlyth

Post by JBlyth » Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:32 am

Kaibeth wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:08 am
I fly exclusively in VR.
Kaibeth, You can "Pin" CoTASA into your VR environment, and it works beautifully.

Have a look at:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUIhvhhz2-I

Cheers
John in Sunny Carnarvon - Western Australia

Kekelekou

Post by Kekelekou » Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:10 pm

Avelina wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:18 pm
Uploading my flight somewhere could give me more information, but I'd rather have that built into the simulator and be an automatic thing that I don't have to take additional steps to accomplish.
This thread is about new features that would be great to have in Condor3. Avelina highlighted that a BUILT-IN distance logger would make things easier.
So all the "you can get the same results by doing this or this or..." replies seem quite irrelevant.

Graham (GA2)

Post by Graham (GA2) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:38 pm

I have mentioned this some time ago but I think it would be a great feature to have a set-up screen.

It need only be a small, dummy map area and have few of the scenery features but needs to be quick to load and re-load. I have found in the past that when experimenting to 'optimise' settings for a new joystick or other hardware, it can be frustrating to have to wait for the program to close and re-open with all the waiting time that involves, to see the effect of the tweaks.

This need not be about learning to fly a glider or competion but more about how to drive Condor to achieve a comfortable environment & response to pilot inputs.

Just a suggestion,
Graham

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:28 pm

Since loading the landscape and the objects takes a lot of time, you can use small landscapes for testing until the release of V3:
United States Air Force Academy Colorado (USAFA4) https://www.condor.club/viewscenery/242/?id=356
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/