Condor 3 feature requests

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Sprunga
Posts: 347
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 2:11 am
Location: Brisbane Australia

Re: Condor 3 feature requests

Post by Sprunga » Fri May 20, 2022 1:12 am

Stormrider wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 11:17 pm
Another one I've thought of and not seen mentioned - would be great to be able to turn off the screenshot notification text at the top, and just leave the sound. Often if you want to take several screenshots quickly the text ruins all but the first one because it takes a while to disappear.
Just 'toggle HUD' off and that will turn off the screen shot notifications as well. The sound of you taking the screen shot is still present.
Image

NeZeroZ
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat May 21, 2022 9:14 am

Re: Condor 3 feature requests

Post by NeZeroZ » Sat May 21, 2022 9:32 am

Better VR support is a must for me, fully interactable cockpit with motion controls would be incredible but just opening it up to native steamVR headsets rather than Oculus only would be a huge improvement.

A more realistic wave simulation would go a long way to making Scotland more fun. We get a range of different wave influenced conditions here that just don't seem to be simulated in Condor. For example, weak wave that's constantly shifting around, rotor, wave bars that set up much lower than you can do in Condor (like cloudbase starting at 3000ft).

avanspron
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:19 am

Re: Condor 3 feature requests

Post by avanspron » Mon May 23, 2022 5:26 am

Hi,

As a task setter (for aussie task) It would be nice if we could better manage our task list using folders or even better make so we can pick where we want to save the flight plan. I am up to 150+ saved flight plans and it can take time to find something even using a naming convention.

Arie
AV

User avatar
Bre901
Posts: 1432
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:57 pm
Location: Annecy (France)
Contact:

Re: Condor 3 feature requests

Post by Bre901 » Mon May 23, 2022 3:48 pm

avanspron wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 5:26 am
As a task setter (for aussie task) It would be nice if we could better manage our task list using folders or even better make so we can pick where we want to save the flight plan. I am up to 150+ saved flight plans and it can take time to find something even using a naming convention.
I'm a task setter too and with close to 2000 saved flight plans I can only support this request
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

Bill Daniels
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue May 24, 2022 2:22 am

Re: Condor 3 feature requests

Post by Bill Daniels » Tue May 24, 2022 5:10 am

For those of us who use Condor for flight training, I would like several new features such as:

An option to have "REFLY" appear as soon as the glider stops and have the reset happen as quickly as possible.

Far more control over the winch launch such as set the length of the rope to match the available runway and set the power of the launch as a percentage of glider weight.

Finally, I would like to be able to set the XYZ coordinates, heading and airspeed for an AIRBORNE start.

I think all instructors would really like these.

Stormrider
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:01 am
Contact:

Re: Condor 3 feature requests

Post by Stormrider » Tue May 24, 2022 1:51 pm

Sprunga wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 1:12 am
Stormrider wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 11:17 pm
Another one I've thought of and not seen mentioned - would be great to be able to turn off the screenshot notification text at the top, and just leave the sound. Often if you want to take several screenshots quickly the text ruins all but the first one because it takes a while to disappear.
Just 'toggle HUD' off and that will turn off the screen shot notifications as well. The sound of you taking the screen shot is still present.
I want the HUD for other things though! Would be nice to have the option to avoid having to keep turning it on and off

User avatar
Bre901
Posts: 1432
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:57 pm
Location: Annecy (France)
Contact:

Re: Condor 3 feature requests

Post by Bre901 » Sat May 28, 2022 4:25 pm

Bre901 wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 3:48 pm
avanspron wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 5:26 am
As a task setter (for aussie task) It would be nice if we could better manage our task list using folders or even better make so we can pick where we want to save the flight plan. I am up to 150+ saved flight plans and it can take time to find something even using a naming convention.
I'm a task setter too and with close to 2000 saved flight plans I can only support this request
Related to that issue : it would be very very nice if Condor could remember the name of the currently open flightplan, so that it can be used by default when saving it (task setting sometimes implies some iterations :roll: )

In the same vein, how about being able to paste something (e.g a filename) into the dialog box ?
BTW this goes for all dialog boxes with text input
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

User avatar
OXO
Condor Team
Posts: 5996
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:08 am
Contact:

Re: Condor 3 feature requests

Post by OXO » Sat May 28, 2022 5:45 pm

Bre901 wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 4:25 pm
Bre901 wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 3:48 pm
avanspron wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 5:26 am
As a task setter (for aussie task) It would be nice if we could better manage our task list using folders or even better make so we can pick where we want to save the flight plan. I am up to 150+ saved flight plans and it can take time to find something even using a naming convention.
I'm a task setter too and with close to 2000 saved flight plans I can only support this request
Related to that issue : it would be very very nice if Condor could remember the name of the currently open flightplan, so that it can be used by default when saving it (task setting sometimes implies some iterations :roll: )

In the same vein, how about being able to paste something (e.g a filename) into the dialog box ?
BTW this goes for all dialog boxes with text input
You are in beta team, so you know how, where, and who to ask 🙂
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

User avatar
BOD1
Posts: 2027
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:45 pm
Location: Brittany, France
Contact:

Re: Condor 3 feature requests

Post by BOD1 » Sat May 28, 2022 6:22 pm

Beta team mates are not allowed to disclose they are in the beta team :lol:
Image
Please use this button to send me a PM, Forum messaging is too limited.
Image

6266
Posts: 365
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:07 am

Re: Condor 3 feature requests

Post by 6266 » Sat May 28, 2022 8:20 pm

BOD1 wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 6:22 pm
Beta team mates are not allowed to disclose they are in the beta team :lol:
If so, I wish it for Bre901, that's a very good request ;-)
See all information to the Vintage Series on http://www.baleit.no/vs.nsf, meet the group on Discord https://discord.gg/bAXJaRT6ZC

Free landscape download on http://www.baleit.no/vs.nsf

NorthGermany
NWPoland

User avatar
wickid
Posts: 2007
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:32 pm
Location: Venlo, NL
Contact:

Re: Condor 3 feature requests

Post by wickid » Sat May 28, 2022 8:46 pm

BOD1 wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 6:22 pm
Beta team mates are not allowed to disclose they are in the beta team :lol:
Lol, the list of members is on the website on the credits page :wink: .
PH-1504, KOE

Tomer_Alt
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat May 14, 2022 5:06 pm

Re: Condor 3 feature requests

Post by Tomer_Alt » Mon May 30, 2022 1:51 pm

maybe the possibility to use 2 landscapes at once so things like the channel crossing (uk-france) would be possible

Jarmo K
Posts: 290
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:19 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Condor 3 feature requests

Post by Jarmo K » Mon May 30, 2022 4:04 pm

Don't know is it possible, but "JOIN TIME LEFT" -clock on GUI page(s) would be nice to have after connecting server and before actually joining the race. Especially for those who connect in very last minute still thinking that there's time to disconnect and reconnect.
br,
Jarmo
Image

User avatar
wickid
Posts: 2007
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:32 pm
Location: Venlo, NL
Contact:

Re: Condor 3 feature requests

Post by wickid » Mon May 30, 2022 5:19 pm

Jarmo K wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 4:04 pm
Don't know is it possible, but "JOIN TIME LEFT" -clock on GUI page(s) would be nice to have after connecting server and before actually joining the race. Especially for those who connect in very last minute still thinking that there's time to disconnect and reconnect.
br,
Jarmo
I'm more in favor of getting rid of the jointime concept all together. I much rather have a "grid time" like in a real glider race. So you can join the launchgrid before a certain time, to get launched before the startline opens. If you are late, you can still join until the startline closes, but you won't be taken into account for the opening of the startline.
PH-1504, KOE

Jarmo K
Posts: 290
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:19 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Condor 3 feature requests

Post by Jarmo K » Mon May 30, 2022 6:11 pm

wickid wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 5:19 pm
Jarmo K wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 4:04 pm
Don't know is it possible, but "JOIN TIME LEFT" -clock on GUI page(s) would be nice to have after connecting server and before actually joining the race. Especially for those who connect in very last minute still thinking that there's time to disconnect and reconnect.
br,
Jarmo
I'm more in favor of getting rid of the jointime concept all together. I much rather have a "grid time" like in a real glider race. So you can join the launchgrid before a certain time, to get launched before the startline opens. If you are late, you can still join until the startline closes, but you won't be taken into account for the opening of the startline.
This looks even better option; You possibly have some influence on realizing this? 8)
br, Jarmo
Image

Post Reply