eRock

Re: Condor 3 feature requests

Post by eRock » Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:37 pm

Not sure others raised this one yet..

Able to add/alter water in ballast after landed, before relaunch/restart

Wally

Post by Wally » Fri May 06, 2022 11:00 pm

When and where was it "announced" that a 3rd version of condor would be made? Can't find anything specific news (not official anyway)

Rotareneg

Post by Rotareneg » Sat May 07, 2022 5:02 am

It was by OXO during one of the FAI virtual grand prix live streams.

Tomer_Alt

Post by Tomer_Alt » Sat May 14, 2022 9:29 pm

i apolagise if this has been requested already but,the ability to have wave at lower altitudes, i'm specifically talking about the UK as even if you can get wave to work it only gets about 2 or 3 bars and it is allot higher up then it would be irl
also the ability for wave gaps to close and open and also rotor
maybe the wave settings screen could look something like this:
https://www.google.com/search?q=wave+wi ... 3upCbsRf0M
back seat flying both offline and in a race on multiplayer where both can fly also possibly when sat in the back the head in the front moving for added realism

DiscusCSflyer

Post by DiscusCSflyer » Sun May 15, 2022 9:49 pm

My wish for Condor 3 is that while keeping the great physics of the Condor series, we will finally see a serious improvement of graphics. Buying Condor 2 back in the day was a no brainer after spending hundreds of hours with V1 and waiting Christmas after Christmas for release news :-).
It was then sad to see that V2 was only a small improvement in terms of weather, cockpit, plane and landscape visuals compared to V1. I felt like playing a game from 15 years ago on release day.

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Mon May 16, 2022 10:28 am

To remind you about the improvement from V1 to V2..

V1-vs-V2.jpg
V1-vs-V2cockpits.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

timbaeyens

Post by timbaeyens » Mon May 16, 2022 6:37 pm

V1 to V2 was a huge step up to my opinion.
From a fun game, it became a simulator.
Looking forward to V3 making the immersion even such that I could sell my real glider 😂
TT

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Mon May 16, 2022 8:55 pm

No pressure then Tim 😀
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

Stormrider

Post by Stormrider » Tue May 17, 2022 11:17 pm

Another one I've thought of and not seen mentioned - would be great to be able to turn off the screenshot notification text at the top, and just leave the sound. Often if you want to take several screenshots quickly the text ruins all but the first one because it takes a while to disappear.

Rotareneg

Post by Rotareneg » Wed May 18, 2022 1:40 am

Stormrider wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 11:17 pm
Another one I've thought of and not seen mentioned - would be great to be able to turn off the screenshot notification text at the top, and just leave the sound. Often if you want to take several screenshots quickly the text ruins all but the first one because it takes a while to disappear.
Having the program just turn off the previous screenshot message when capturing another screenshot would probably be the easiest way to fix that issue.

It would be nice if the sim was better about dealing with frozen players jamming the glider launching process and preventing the task from starting. We've had this happen occasionally on the Tchin-Tchin flights and it can get a tad frustrating.

A bit more configurability for plane icons would be nice, like separate distances for the full label and another for just a "*", for example, to simulate being able to see a glider but not identify it until it's closer. Also, personal label distances that would be capped at the task defined limit, so if you only want labels for gliders that are very close, like 500m, you can do so even if the server has them visible at long distances.

Charlie Juliet

Post by Charlie Juliet » Wed May 18, 2022 4:33 pm

I would love to see the following things:

-option to customize your glider easily. Not only trivial things such as livery but also your cockpit. Choosing between different instruments and changing their location and size to adapt them to your preferences.

-full clickable cockpit instead of having to remeber your keys to operate your glider.

-restart without loading a new session after landing

-setting the route for the aerotow ans enabeling long distance tows

-bonus would be to make a flyable tow plane so that a real player could tow gliders but i think that isn´t the focus of the developers

Post by 6266 » Wed May 18, 2022 5:41 pm

Charlie Juliet wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 4:33 pm
-full clickable cockpit instead of having to remeber your keys to operate your glider.
The joystick in the right hand (if you are right-handed), how do you want to click in the cockpit? With the mouse on the left hand? Or the joystick in the left hand and the mouse in the right?

I like the keys assigned to buttons at the joystick, end the rest on the keyboard ...
Visit https://www.baleit.no

Vintage Series 24, The Journey
25 landscapes with free available textures, newest: Maine

Discord https://discord.gg/bAXJaRT6ZC

Viriatox

Post by Viriatox » Wed May 18, 2022 11:08 pm

And the most important feature: To be released before the addition of gliders to MSFS2020 (planned for Q32022).

I don't want to spend money twice :lol:

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Wed May 18, 2022 11:23 pm

6266 wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 5:41 pm
Charlie Juliet wrote:
The joystick in the right hand (if you are right-handed), how do you want to click in the cockpit? With the mouse on the left hand? Or the joystick in the left hand and the mouse in the right?
Just as in real life you use your fingers. But now you touch the touchscreen monitor.

Viriatox

Post by Viriatox » Thu May 19, 2022 9:12 am

EDB wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 11:23 pm
6266 wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 5:41 pm
Charlie Juliet wrote:
Just as in real life you use your fingers. But now you touch the touchscreen monitor.
Don't forget VR users, Oculus Quest 2 includes hand and finger tracking, so you can directly touch the buttons like in real gliders without using the controllers.

You can see many xamples of VR clickable Cockpits in Youtube using DCS