Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:46 pm
COM Ports!
Have you tried

https://sourceforge.net/projects/com0com/

Isn't that what you need?

be_adairing

Re: Condor 3 feature requests

Post by be_adairing » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:43 pm

That worked great - but it could something similar be put into the installer?

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:05 pm

Streeting that actually works. I've some settings in Condor 2 that do work however they increase the load time too much to enable the fpl to be hosted for a task. It's also using settings outside those that the GUI allow so the task cannot be uploaded to CC. The other downside currently is you have to have a pretty low cloud base to get streeting working properly which is OK whilst flying along the street just not when jumping streets. It is doable however.

It'd be great to be able to fly longer lines of energy in thermal tasks.
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....

alioth

Post by alioth » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:55 pm

- WMR VR support.
- AAT task support. With same basic data to fly AAT task in flight computer.
- Max start speed and penalty if you start faster.
- Built in competition server list to join.
- Bulit in com port for xcsoar connection.
- Auto load planes skins
- Posibility to check notams when you are flying. (I won't have to ask "cloud penalty?" anymore)

-Podium at finish with the three pilots and their ID in the boxes :mrgreen:

AMS

GlidingNico(NBE)

Post by GlidingNico(NBE) » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:34 pm

1- I would like to have a program to modify your panel on your own and easily, you can already modify them but you have to go in the files and change stuff which isn't that easy and many people don't understand it at all. Would be nice to put a nice LX panel on the Libelle. And also make it that you can also change your stick.
2- Being able to re-join the server if your internet goes out and the join time is already over.
3- Being able to start a flight from wherever you want and not have to start from an airfield.

Filgueiras

Post by Filgueiras » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:48 pm

News about the behavior of the tow plane? Like turning always to the left, on release. and a more realistic behavior ( I've made some mistakes on towing that would kill somebody in RL.

Stormrider

Post by Stormrider » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:46 pm

Great suggestions in here!

Here's some of my own, and from my regular flying group:

- Ability to set a drop zone for the tows rather than always going to the start, and possibly the abliity to control the towplane left/right for training situtations (you used to be able to do this in SFS)
- I would love a command line unix/linux based dedicated server, with command line options or a config file to load tasks, set join times etc - even perhaps roll some of the features of DSHelper into the Condor server, such as displaying some text when certain events happen
- If you have to land out at another airport, it'd be nice to be able to get a tow from where you landed - even if it marks your flight/task as over
- Ability to output some flight data to text files perhaps, like flap settings, heading etc - useful if you use a streamdeck as a macro pad to show current flap settings
- Track-up option for the PDA screens, rather than north-up! Also, the wind arrow/indicator being in the corner on the map screen and the heatmap screen would be handy...
- PDA telling you when there is terrain standing in the way of your glide/final glide would be handy, as XCSoar does in real life
- Native AAT support, and more comprehensive airspace support as others have said
- 64 bit please! I can't take advantage of modern hardware as it stands

Stormrider

Post by Stormrider » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:57 pm

Oooh, another one

- 'Goto nearest airport' / in flight 'goto near turnpoints' feature on the PDA

avanspron

Post by avanspron » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:57 am

Hi,

The one thing I would like is to continue to be able to run Condor on a average computer.

Sure fancy high res graphics are nice but what we have is great and works well. I have tried but my PC will not run the new Microsoft flight sim and it runs condor fine and we have many in my group who have even less performance and still enjoy condor.

Arie
Aussie Task

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:17 am

avanspron wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:57 am
Hi,

The one thing I would like is to continue to be able to run Condor on a average computer.
We are keen to keep it like this. But, it not possible to improve graphics and add features without some impact. We will try.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

Stormrider

Post by Stormrider » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:03 pm

avanspron wrote:
It depends on your definiton of average - I know some people who believe they have an 'average' computer but in fact they are well out of date!

Adjustable settings are good to make sure a wide range is covered but it would be a real shame not to take advantage of hardware when it's available.

Currently also, one of our group has to have the trees on their lowest density setting because his computer is so bad, but that actually gives him a slight advantage in some situations, where he is flying through trees from other people's point of view that he should be crashing into - particularly on marginal final glides to some airfields! I don't really know what can be done about this though. Perhaps just still have the same density but make the trees a lot less detailed to handle old hardware - just simple triangles? So rather than the density changing, it's the detail instead?

wickid

Post by wickid » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:14 pm

Tree draw distance, instead of a tree density. Both cause less trees to be drawn, but close range it will still be the same for everybody.

But now we just need landscape developers to actually make forestmaps instead of slapping some satellite pictures on a heightmap. There are very few quality landscapes out there :roll:
PH-1504, KOE

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:21 pm

OXO wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:17 am
avanspron wrote:
Hi,

We are keen to keep it like this. But, it not possible to improve graphics and add features without some impact. We will try.
I think some will have to accept this and that technology moves on and it'd be crazy to not take advantage of newer technology. I'm not suggesting full blown MSFS2020 graphics etc but to hold back development due to aging PC components isn't ideal in my opinion. My current setup is far from the latest and greatest either but I'd be willing to upgrade to be able to fly with more complex weather scenarios, prettier graphics etc. Condor 3 will be used for years to come no doubt Chris, don't hold back too much :mrgreen: As mentioned above, just allow settings that can be adjusted for those who don't wish to update to enable them to hopefully run the sim smoothly.
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....

Post by 6266 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:54 pm

I think this is very difficult. If the requirements for the hardware are too high, you don't get new users, if they are too low (and with it the results), you loose existing users.

When I started with Condor last year I did it with my normal laptop. I like Condor very much, so I spent 2000 Euro in hardware after that, joystick, pedals, new laptop, eye-tracker. If I would need such hardware only to test Condor, I will never have tried it.
Visit https://www.baleit.no

Vintage Series 24, The Journey
24 landscapes with free available textures, newest: AlpsE

Discord https://discord.gg/bAXJaRT6ZC

Stormrider

Post by Stormrider » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:22 am

6266 wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:54 pm
I think this is very difficult. If the requirements for the hardware are too high, you don't get new users, if they are too low (and with it the results), you loose existing users.

When I started with Condor last year I did it with my normal laptop. I like Condor very much, so I spent 2000 Euro in hardware after that, joystick, pedals, new laptop, eye-tracker. If I would need such hardware only to test Condor, I will never have tried it.
That's what the low settings are for!