Condor 3

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

User avatar
Snapcase
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 4:51 pm
Location: Cracow, POLAND
Contact:

Condor 3

Post by Snapcase » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:24 pm

https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v= ... live_video

1h 25min 30sec


Let's start the silly season :D
Wojciech Sołtysik - SOL - Poland

User avatar
wickid
Posts: 1878
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:32 pm
Location: Venlo, NL
Contact:

Re: Condor 3

Post by wickid » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:56 pm

viewtopic.php?t=17629

I seem to vaguely remember a youtube clip from BA as well titled IRWIR... but I'm unable to find it :lol:
PH-1504, KOE
Image

Petrucci14
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:03 pm

Re: Condor 3

Post by Petrucci14 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:34 am

Condor 3, coming out in 2023...

User avatar
Bre901
Posts: 1307
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:57 pm
Location: Annecy (France)
Contact:

Re: Condor 3

Post by Bre901 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:35 am

Before you start posting on this thread I would recommend that you take a look at OXO's post in the thread linked in wickid's post above
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

User avatar
EDB
Posts: 1481
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:17 am
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Re: Condor 3

Post by EDB » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:15 am


User avatar
OXO
Condor Team
Posts: 5930
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:08 am
Contact:

Re: Condor 3

Post by OXO » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:23 am

Chill dudes :)

We released this information not by accident :O

.. and it is not the whole story of V3. There is more, but we aren't releasing that yet. All I ask is that we do not have any nonsense about release dates.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

arneh
Posts: 532
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:34 am

Re: Condor 3

Post by arneh » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:57 am

I'm much more interested to know the features discussed, with the variety of weather through out the task area, rain etc. That is absolutely my number 1 wish for Condor development, and I'm really happy to hear it will come in Condor 3, whenever that might be :-)

Though, one question, will the gliders bought for Condor 2 still be valid for Condor 3, or will we need to re-buy the gliders? If so I doubt I will get any more gliders for Condor 2...

User avatar
OXO
Condor Team
Posts: 5930
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:08 am
Contact:

Re: Condor 3

Post by OXO » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:31 pm

arneh wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:57 am
I'm much more interested to know the features discussed, with the variety of weather through out the task area, rain etc. That is absolutely my number 1 wish for Condor development, and I'm really happy to hear it will come in Condor 3, whenever that might be :-)

Though, one question, will the gliders bought for Condor 2 still be valid for Condor 3, or will we need to re-buy the gliders? If so I doubt I will get any more gliders for Condor 2...
The Condor 2 glider licenses will be valid in Condor 3. But they will be improved in graphics and physics.

While I am saying this, Condor 2 Landscapes will also be fine in Condor 3 without changes.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

User avatar
UWE
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:31 am
Location: Speyer - Germany
Contact:

Re: Condor 3

Post by UWE » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:38 pm

... very nice to read this exciting news :-) and Condor2 is really good enough to wait patiently for a long time :lol:
IRWIR

arneh
Posts: 532
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:34 am

Re: Condor 3

Post by arneh » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:42 pm

OXO wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:31 pm
arneh wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:57 am
Though, one question, will the gliders bought for Condor 2 still be valid for Condor 3, or will we need to re-buy the gliders? If so I doubt I will get any more gliders for Condor 2...
The Condor 2 glider licenses will be valid in Condor 3. But they will be improved in graphics and physics.

While I am saying this, Condor 2 Landscapes will also be fine in Condor 3 without changes.
Ok, thanks, that's the best of both worlds! :-)

arneh
Posts: 532
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:34 am

Re: Condor 3

Post by arneh » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:48 pm

Oh, and one more thing, I heard something about you looking into FLARM. If you're going to add FLARM to Condor, then please make it an option to disable it for contests! The possibility of seeing on the FLARM the location and lift of gliders ahead of you is something which has made real life gliding contests worse, and I'm glad we don't currently have that possibility in Condor.

If it's just for collision avoidance, then of course it's not a problem :-)

User avatar
OXO
Condor Team
Posts: 5930
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:08 am
Contact:

Re: Condor 3

Post by OXO » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:53 pm

arneh wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:48 pm
Oh, and one more thing, I heard something about you looking into FLARM. If you're going to add FLARM to Condor, then please make it an option to disable it for contests! The possibility of seeing on the FLARM the location and lift of gliders ahead of you is something which has made real life gliding contests worse, and I'm glad we don't currently have that possibility in Condor.

If it's just for collision avoidance, then of course it's not a problem :-)

Well in eSGP it is allowed, so there is that. I'm not well informed about other RL contests and how its done, but clearly we have to stay relevant and in touch with real world.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

User avatar
UWE
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:31 am
Location: Speyer - Germany
Contact:

Re: Condor 3

Post by UWE » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:00 pm

FLARM is not only allowed in RL-Comps, it is required

arneh
Posts: 532
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:34 am

Re: Condor 3

Post by arneh » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:02 pm

OXO wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:53 pm
arneh wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:48 pm
Oh, and one more thing, I heard something about you looking into FLARM. If you're going to add FLARM to Condor, then please make it an option to disable it for contests! The possibility of seeing on the FLARM the location and lift of gliders ahead of you is something which has made real life gliding contests worse, and I'm glad we don't currently have that possibility in Condor.

If it's just for collision avoidance, then of course it's not a problem :-)

Well in eSGP it is allowed, so there is that. I'm not well informed about other RL contests and how its done, but clearly we have to stay relevant and in touch with real world.
All real life contests require FLARM. But that is for collision avoidance purposes, but unfortunately that also let's gliders track each other, which leads to endless start games where everybody wants someone else to start first so they can follow to see who get's the best climbs. The IGC has been looking at ways to stop this problem, but unfortunately it is not possible with real life FLARM to differentiate between collision avoidance and tracking.

In Condor it should be possible to differentiate the functions, and only provide collision avoidance, but not tracking. At least make it an option!

Rotareneg
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:59 am

Re: Condor 3

Post by Rotareneg » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:35 pm

OXO wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:31 pm
The Condor 2 glider licenses will be valid in Condor 3. But they will be improved in graphics and physics.
Thank you very much for that!
Image

Post Reply