Scenery disappears - then program crashed at the finish line...

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Re: Scenery disappears - then program crashed at the finish line...

Post by EDB » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:47 pm

This is your GPU : https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu. ... 20&id=3592

It is benchmarked at : 919

Here the system requirements : https://www.condorsoaring.com/system-requirements/
The graphics card should have benchmark (www.videocardbenchmark.net) result of 1000 minimum, 4000 is very good and 8000 perfect. (Integrated graphics cards and cards with benchmark result below 1000 are usable, but with severely reduced graphics settings)
This is for one HD monitor, no VR.

And then depending on the size of the landscape (forget the big ones) and number of objects in view this can result in issues...

And don't look at Spectate. If you jump from glider to glider in Spectate, Condor has to load all stuff around the new glider while if you are flying Condor in the cockpit, Condor only has to load some textures/objects in the far distance of your flying direction. Even on extremely fast systems you can see building the scenery stuff when jumping from glider to glider if they are flying far apart...

JBlyth

Re: Scenery disappears - then program crashed at the finish line...

Post by JBlyth » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:08 am

I reduced all graphics setting including distance to the absolute minimum - then the program crashed even sooner. I went back to full everything, and it worked a little more reliably. Weird.....

Anyway, I have resolved the problem permanently by getting a Gigabyte Aorus P5 with an I7 CPU and 3080 Nvidia graphic card.

That has DEFINITELY solved the problem. I now have frame rates around 400fps on a 32 inch 3840x2160 monitor and it is beautifully smooth.

Thank you everyone for your help.

Cheers
John in Sunny Carnarvon - Western Australia