First post with a few questions

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

cloudbaseengineering

First post with a few questions

Post by cloudbaseengineering » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:01 am

Hello All,

I use to fly sailplanes in the 90's and also owned a copy of Condor 1 long ago. I am returning and plan to buy Condor 2. I do have a quick question, I would like to be able to install it on my laptop as well as my work computer. Can I install it on more than one machine so long as only one instance is ever running at one time?

Also I am planning to start a STEM program with my local EAA chapter (EAA40 in Los Angeles) where we will be building a Zenair CH750 Cruzer with a group of kids that we have recruited through young eagles rides. I also will be teaching the kids solidworks and general engineering practices and the plan is to teach them how to use the software through the design of simple sit down sim cockpits that will be running Condor 2. The hope is we can make multiple and the kids can either take them home or we keep a bank of them in the hangar for competition and fun flying online. Curious if there is a bulk option to buy licenses or a discount code I could get to pass onto the kids once we are a few months into the program? We are a 501c3 organization and all my time teaching and helping with the build is donated. Also the parents will pay $10 per class for the training and that money will be rolled back into the build of the airplane.

I have a few questions on the cockpit design and will ask that in the other forum topic. Anyhow happy to be back and will likely buy the software tomorrow once I verify I can install it on 2 machines. Also hoping to get back to current in sailplanes this fall and we will be incorporating some soaring training with the kids in addition to young eagle rides and lessons.

Take care,

Marc

Bre901

Re: First post with a few questions

Post by Bre901 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:05 am

cloudbaseengineering wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:01 am
I do have a quick question, I would like to be able to install it on my laptop as well as my work computer. Can I install it on more than one machine so long as only one instance is ever running at one time?
The answer is in the manual https://www.condorsoaring.com/manual_en/
1 INSTALLATION
TRANSFERRING TO ANOTHER COMPUTER
Moving your Condor installation
Copies
We allow you to install Condor 2 on two Computers. You are not allowed to run both at the same time. This is to let you to have one on your pc at home, and another on laptop while travelling, or away at school etc.
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

cloudbaseengineering

Post by cloudbaseengineering » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:18 am

Bre901 wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:05 am
cloudbaseengineering wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:01 am
I do have a quick question, I would like to be able to install it on my laptop as well as my work computer. Can I install it on more than one machine so long as only one instance is ever running at one time?
The answer is in the manual https://www.condorsoaring.com/manual_en/
1 INSTALLATION
TRANSFERRING TO ANOTHER COMPUTER
Moving your Condor installation
Copies
We allow you to install Condor 2 on two Computers. You are not allowed to run both at the same time. This is to let you to have one on your pc at home, and another on laptop while travelling, or away at school etc.
Merci Bre901,

I have family in the GERS about 40 minutes from Toulouse. Actually its my wife's family but we visit every year that is until C19 came along. My wife is very homesick right now as its been 2 years sadly. I have a friend in Blagnac that has an ASH25 but every time we visit he is out of town flying and we have yet to meet up to fly his sailplane. Or its 42C and we are both are too heavy for the DA to go in his Piper J3.

Anyhow thanks for the reply and hope to get back to using Condor after a very long break.

wickid

Post by wickid » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:18 am

I would contact the support email address regarding the bulk discount. There may be some options depending on how many licenses you're planning to purchase.
PH-1504, KOE