Map bitmp dimensions differ from TRN header dimensions error

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

JBlyth

Map bitmp dimensions differ from TRN header dimensions error

Post by JBlyth » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:33 am

I have setup Condor 2 on a second faster computer, but using the external drive with landscapes from the first computer. I have mimicked the settings in Condor Updater to be the same as the first.

However, whenever I try and load one of the external landscapes, I get a Map bitmap dimensions differ from TRN header dimensions error. I have tried deleting the landscape and reinstalling with the drive attached to the new computer, but to no avail. When I go back to the original computer, everything works normally.
Condor Error.png
There have been a couple of requests over the years for a solution to this, but I haven't been able to find an answer.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers
John in Sunny Carnarvon - Western Australia
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JeffSmith

Re: Map bitmp dimensions differ from TRN header dimensions error

Post by JeffSmith » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:12 am

Hi John
Open the BMPs with a program like PaintShop or Paint and see if the images are 24 bit BMPs (properties) and have exactly the same number of pixels. You could try making a copy of the working Map and renaming it to something else and seeing if you can open that in the task editor.

I used to run out of space on my C-Drive, so I would move whole landscapes to another drive. This works well.
All you have to do is copy/move the particular landscape into the Condor landscapes directory of your C-drive.
Cheers Jeff

JBlyth

Post by JBlyth » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:39 am

Thanks Jeff,

In the end I uninstalled Condor 2 and removed the c:\Condor2 landscapes that I had previously used in SERVER mode. That got rid of the error message.

However, even though I have pointed Condor Updater correctly to the external drive etc, Condor 2 itself is not seeing them for some reason. It works fine on my other older computer, but not the newer Surface Pro 7.

I can't remember if there is something else to do to get Condor 2 to reference the external drive directly - apart from Condor Updater settings.

Many thanks
John

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:51 am

I might be wrong, but I think that CondorUpdater will not re-create junctions (links) to landscapes already installed on a different drive (or folder)

I have written a small utility that does just that : viewtopic.php?f=29&t=18924 (I have landscapes in 5 different drives/folders)

About "server" landscapes, I would recommend that you install them in a separate folder so that they can be identified as such (I remember now that I had the same issue)
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

JBlyth

Post by JBlyth » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:06 am

Thank you, Bre901,

You are truly a genius! Your utility solved all my problems in a flash!

Many thanks - yet again,
John in Sunny Carnarvon - Western Australia