Condor 2 High res scenery

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

hkj

Condor 2 High res scenery

Post by hkj » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:23 pm

Hello all,

Just got this sim as a preparation for coming my glider certificates and education.
MSFS2020 has quite the graphics these days, are there any high resolution landscapes (with buildings) other than Slovenia you can recommend?
I'd also like to mod cockpit shading and add landscape shadows (except those from the clounds)

Thanks.

OXO
Condor Team

Re: Condor 2 High res scenery

Post by OXO » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:34 pm

Try Alpin Arc.

Condor already does landscape shadows. https://www.condorsoaring.com/sceneries/
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:41 pm

The only mods you can make to the cockpit are textures and instruments layout on the panel (do some search on the forum to find more info).
As far as I know cockpit shading is hard-coded in the program.

There are not that many buildings in Condor, except at airfields, depending on the landscape designers.

Bear in mind that most Condor pilots fly cross-country and are usually more interested in realistic weather and flight models than nice-looking buildings: if they are flying high, the buildings add nothing to realism (and may cause performance problems for modest PC configurations - I know at least one case, no names will be given) and when they are flying low, they are more interested in being able to find the lift that will save the day than looking at buildings, if any :wink:
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

Fabry

Post by Fabry » Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:34 am

Condorworld has the best landscapes out there, my favorite is CW-D

https://www.condorworld.eu/index.php?p=23
Fabry
FDS
ASW-19 N80SF

hkj

Post by hkj » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:35 am

Reporting back after a few hours of flight. I have to say, wow, what an exceptional flight model and feeling of flight. Gotta love the simulation or winds clouds and thermals, ridge lift etc. This I haven't experienced in another simulator, ever. I adjusted the graphics back to the highest. Slovenia looks quite beautiful from high above! 😎😎

Flying with the Rift S is awesome! Exceptional simulator!

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:45 am

hkj wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:35 am
Reporting back after a few hours of flight. I have to say, wow, what an exceptional flight model and feeling of flight. Gotta love the simulation or winds clouds and thermals, ridge lift etc. This I haven't experienced in another simulator, ever. I adjusted the graphics back to the highest. Slovenia looks quite beautiful from high above! 😎😎

Flying with the Rift S is awesome! Exceptional simulator!

This is the way 8)

Welcome to Condor !
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

hkj

Post by hkj » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:23 pm

I tried to find out how I could write review but couldnt' find any link on the main webpage.

Anyhow..again, I'm amazed by what this sim offers. It's very noticable that the developers fly themself, this feels real!
I just passed 4500m a warm and windy day over Slovenia and did a great trip around the mountains, navigated home and landed safe despite a strong crosswind. Amazing! Feels like flying for real.

You should be proud of this product, fantastic!