1st Virtual Sailplane Grand Prix - World Final 2021

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

wickid

Re: 1st Virtual Sailplane Grand Prix - World Final 2021

Post by wickid » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:52 am

JanisTeteris wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:37 am
To wickid:
What would you say if our server (20: 00UTC) had also run normally, but it would have happened with the D + 1 14: 00UTC server, where only 5 participants fly?
You go to bed with the thought that you have done everything - it was a good flight, the file was sent. And so do 378 participants. And then suddenly a message arrives that all this is canceled just because the last server stopped.
I do not think that, blindly following the rules, it would be right to annul all the results.
It is therefore normal for there to be a STEWARD who can make a decision that may even be against the rules but is fair to the athletes in terms of results.
Yes I would agree with that judgement. The rules are clear. If somebody doesn't get a chance to launch the day is not valid. Even if that is only one person out of 350.

Also your point of scoring best 6/7 is unfair. The guys who couldn't fly don't get a chance to scrub their worst result.

Everybody should have a fair and the same chance of winning. That is why cancelling a day where not everybody had a fair chance is the best option. Even if that means I would loose a good result.
PH-1504, KOE

JanisTeteris

Post by JanisTeteris » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:56 am

If the organizers don't figure out how to get the server to accept our 20: 00UTC files, I will send this file after D + 1 14:00 + 4h to the condor.club pilot rating so that at least my flight is included in the virtual world and I can compare with my score with other participants in the competition.

JanisTeteris

Post by JanisTeteris » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:07 pm

Well, why not count the result with the decision of the sports commissioner?
During the rally - if the crew's movement on the track is disturbed - no one cancels the stage. The Athlete writes a protest - reviewed by the Stewards (videos, witnesses, judges' submissions) - and, based on the Athlete's performance, allocates the time the Athlete could potentially show. Yes, this time can be better, but it can also be a little worse (because it always seems like it could have been better), against what you might have been able to achieve. But there is a result - and it is not zero for the crew or all the other participants.
Of course, then you can say - what if it were.

JanisTeteris

Post by JanisTeteris » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:11 pm

In this particular case, I don't see a problem at all - all I have to do is solve the issue of uploading files in such a forced-user environment.
Because those who tried to log in to the server can still be seen by the server data. This is the case when someone gave up hope and did not fly.

JanisTeteris

Post by JanisTeteris » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:26 pm

I'm going to bed.
Both organizers will solve this problem.
I still have RC 1/10 rallycross tonight (end of the season, I have to keep the result) (facebook RC RALLY LV), and then I have to fly virtually.

Post by 6266 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:43 pm

I see 29 pilots flying the task now. What happens? If the day will not be cancelled, what is with the upload of our fpr-files? I still couldn't do it.

I agree with wickid about cancellation if not everybody get a chance to fly the task. Virtual it's possible to fly it at every time, if the competitors have the possiblity to do it.

Where will the decision of the direction will be published? I don't have the time to follow all media. Found nothing here in the forum, on discord or on the esgp-side. Hope to get an eMail like the other ones in the last hours.

I appreciate the efforts made to organize the competition
Visit https://www.baleit.no

Vintage Series 24, The Journey
24 landscapes with free available textures, newest: AlpsE

Discord https://discord.gg/bAXJaRT6ZC

wickid

Post by wickid » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:54 pm

6266 wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:43 pm

Where will the decision of the direction will be published? I don't have the time to follow all media. Found nothing here in the forum, on discord or on the esgp-side. Hope to get an eMail like the other ones in the last hours.
Will be announced in the briefing tonight. Posted somewhere above by Antoine.
PH-1504, KOE

Post by 6266 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:14 pm

wickid wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:54 pm
6266 wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:43 pm

Will be announced in the briefing tonight. Posted somewhere above by Antoine.
what kind of briefing, that one we get per eMail? Or is there any place with another one?

wickid

Post by wickid » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:32 pm

On their youtube channel. There is a live video briefing every day at 17:45 UTC. You'll find it linked on esport.sgp.aero under the live tab.
PH-1504, KOE

havet865

Post by havet865 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:39 pm

Jarmo K wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:20 am
There is at least 2 results in cc from that 20UTC server, how they managed to get on list :shock:

edit: and yes, I sent my ftr & igc to comp organization after waking up after very, very long night, but not counted in results so far.

edit2: they changed rules also for official race: originally no AH or Gimball compass were allowed, but now even CoTaSA is accepted. So good that flexibility exists, especially with very first competition. Maybe 6/7 solution would be the most fair for those who couldn't have possibility to wait later.

br,
Jarmo
Hello Jarmo,

1) We do not manage the results from the Open event & we cannot add them on Condor.Club for you. You can now add them, we have found a solution with CC to extend the time where you would send your files. Please do it asap (before tonight 18h00UTC).

2) AHRS is forbidden in real competitions because we don't want pilots to fly in the clouds. In Condor, there is a penalty for cloud flying so we are directly aware if there is someone who has been flying in the clouds, and for how long.
3) I would prefer to stop people using CoTASA for competitions because it gives too much infos to the pilots, but I cannot control all the computers from a remote position.. so we are kind of forced to accept it.

Kind regards,
Antoine Havet

havet865

Post by havet865 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:41 pm

wickid wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:20 am
If you read the rules:

Part 8 section f:
Valid Day - a Day shall be counted as a SGP Day if:
(i) A launch opportunity has been given to each competitor in time for the
competitor to carry out the task of the Day in question, and
(ii) At least one competitor has completed the task.
Point 1 has not been met. Ie. Day is invalid and should be scored with 0 points for everyone.
Hello, OPEN event is not an official competition and do not follow strictly the SGP Rules as you can see.
No way to bring this forward at the moment.

Open event is created to start building a virtual IGC ranking list, to allow you to get selected to competitions later on.

Kr,
Antoine Havet

wickid

Post by wickid » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:03 pm

There is still a problem with people registered for the open event not being able to fly 50 min later. So if you use this event to build a ranking and are going to distribute prices it is still not fair to those who were not able to fly at 18 UTC and gave up after the jointime was over and went to do something else.

So I still think the day should be cancelled.
PH-1504, KOE

Post by 6266 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:20 pm

In the 20 UTC slot are ca. 50 pilots, I would check who is not on the result list after the list is closed and flew all the other tasks. Each of them I would ask If they want to cancel it, because they couldn't fly it (maybe it can checkes if they where online?). If theres is one who wants that, I would like to cancel as wickid said

maymar

Post by maymar » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:39 pm

6266 wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:20 pm
In the 20 UTC slot are ca. 50 pilots, I would check who is not on the result list after the list is closed and flew all the other tasks. Each of them I would ask If they want to cancel it, because they couldn't fly it (maybe it can checkes if they where online?). If theres is one who wants that, I would like to cancel as wickid said
I'm on that list because for yesterday task i changed timezone form 18:00 to 20:00 and i couldn't race.

Pit_R

Post by Pit_R » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:38 pm

I am not flying this contest, but let me add my short 2c into the discussion.
When using time zones cheating is rather easy (2nd profile, Spectato Feature, watching others on YT or simply acquiring ftr from earlier pilot); organizers and participants assume that people playing fair - and this have sense - if so, setting password is simply unnecessary (except for grand final or so - to not disturb participants by accidental joiners.)
No matter where you go... There you are...

:::: Please use this envelope
to send me a PM.