Planning to get back in the air after many many years!

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Haupt17

Planning to get back in the air after many many years!

Post by Haupt17 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:14 am

Hello!
Its a crazy feeling to be back after so long... How many hours i have spent here back to around 2006 when Condor 2 was still a myth?
I even feel nostalgic now that good memories come to my mind, of the so many nice tasks flown with great people back then. Its incredible, but i can still remember some names like David Regula, Tim Kuijpers. There was a grumpy old man "Olympia" (who was always very pissed off that Condor 2 never arrived (2 weeks, lol)), ASH33M i think also from UK, desktopsimmer, swt, karl koch, cadfael, Rafael Guerra, René Polewka and how could i ever forget a very young man who kicked everyone's butt: "JJJ" if i recall well Jeroen Jennen) from Belgium!! Hope you all are still alive and rocking! I was Serginho "SD", but unfortunately couldnt recover my very old "dead" account lol...

Anyways! Im here looking for opinions and updates on how Condor 2 is doing, if theres still nice competitions with a decent ammount of pilots being flown weekly (i also used to fly some fun "east coast" and "west coast" hosted by american friends).
I noticed also that Condor 2 has became very, i mean VERY expensive (PRO version), so im probably going for the basic version and then buy a few gliders separately (would love to get some opinions on wich gliders to get, that i could attend most tasks and still be competitive).

After all, nice to see that Condor is still up and running! Congrats for this creation Uros, GR (and of course the other guys that joined later)!

Cya!