Selflauncher / Sustainer retrofit for existing gliders

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Charlie Juliet

Selflauncher / Sustainer retrofit for existing gliders

Post by Charlie Juliet » Sat May 29, 2021 9:41 pm

As the Condor Team released engined gliders, i wondered if it would be possible to retrofit existing Condor 2 aircraft with sustainer or selflauncher engines. I believe that this would be an easier upgrade as the whole programm for the glider alrady exists and it could "just" be added in an update or sold for a couple $ if you have already bought the specific plane. For example, i would love to see an Arcus T/M, Ventus 3T/M, Duo Discus T/M or even an ASK 21 Mi and a Discus 2aT. Having two Versions of gliders (pure and engined) could be a good concept for future projects as well like already done with the ASG 29. Other users from the community would propably think similar and appreciate these options. Regards and interested in your opinions.

wickid

Re: Selflauncher / Sustainer retrofit for existing gliders

Post by wickid » Sun May 30, 2021 8:41 pm

Don't expect any announcements from the Condor Team on future developments. The mantra is "IRWIR". It's Ready When It's Ready, and there are (usually) no announcements on what is in development.

Having modeled a couple of planes for Condor, I can tell you it is not "easy". An engine can not "just" be added.
PH-1504, KOE