Server error; host not found

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

mariusvon

Server error; host not found

Post by mariusvon » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:30 pm

Hello everyone, I moved a short time ago and now I want to host a server again via the DSHelper. Unfortunately this no longer works. I have released the port on the side of my route and in my firewall. UPNP is also enabled. Can someone help me? I've been trying to solve the problem for days, but I don't know what to do anymore. Regardless of who tries to connect, the error message "Host not found" always appears.

Best regards
Marius

BOD1

Re: Server error; host not found

Post by BOD1 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:47 pm

What ip they try to connect to?
Please use this button to send me a PM, Forum messaging is too limited.

mariusvon

Post by mariusvon » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:52 pm

37.201.210.22:56278

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:11 pm

Is it an IP dedicated only to your connection or shared *at the same time* with other customers of Unitymedia? (like AOL)
Try also to disable your firewall on your computer.
And be sure port forwarding is pointing to the correct private IP of your computer.
Please use this button to send me a PM, Forum messaging is too limited.

mariusvon

Post by mariusvon » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:39 pm

I am not sure if the IP is shared at the same time with other customers of Unitymedia. How can I find this out?
I already tried to disaple the Windows Firewall completely, but it still did not worked.
I don't know exactly what you mean by "port forwarding is pointing to the correct private IP of your computer". I only know the DHCP setting, or to be more precise the section "DHCPv4 Server", where I have to enter my local address. I just entered the correct address again.

rgds
Marius

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Sat May 01, 2021 12:45 pm

Ask your ISP if they use Carrier Grade NAT.

If they do that, then you will be unable to host. See here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrier-grade_NAT

Both Uros and I have this problem, so are unable to host testing. We have a remote server on a fixed ip now which we use for that.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Sat May 01, 2021 4:32 pm

If your PC is set to pick up an IP automatically it could possibly pick up a different IP address each time. For hosting I always set a fixed IP for my PC on my LAN. I then port forward to my local IP address and the required port etc. If you have port triggering use that instead as I am pretty sure that opens the port up for any IP address on the LAN. Port triggering is very useful if you only want to use the DHCP server to assign IP address automatically.

Did you change ISP when you moved or did you take the service provider with you to your new place?
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....