RESHADE Preset for Condor 2

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Lord_Archon

RESHADE Preset for Condor 2

Post by Lord_Archon » Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:09 am

I am experimenting with Reshade, making a preset to enhance Condor's graphics for Arc Alpin 2. Reshade is an open source post-processing injector to add your own effects in games. It has an in game menu to play with filters and shaders in real time.
Condor 2021-03-03 01-39-20.jpg
Condor 2021-03-03 01-32-52.jpg
Condor 2021-03-03 01-33-35.jpg
I mainly wanted to try adding rayleigh scattering but I ran into problems with the depthbuffer (as is common in trying to come up with a preset in Reshade) so I used bloom effects instead, which come with their own host of problems (High amounts of saturated bloom really impact reds which will make your yawstring and airbrakes pink in heavy glare). If you want to try Reshade in Condor, it's very easy to install, but keep in mind that it visually bugs out Condor's main menu a bit, and I haven't tested it in multiplayer. Just google search it.

Reshade has problems with antialiasing so I keep it disabled and just use an AA filter in the preset, otherwise all graphical settings are at max with vsync on. Performance cost is around 100% but if I didn't have enough performance overhead I could disable a few costly filters with little change in visuals.

This is the preset file. You might want to change some things as I use a bit of flaring and depth of field, and those effects are very sensitive to personal preference. The sky might be a tad garish from oversaturation because I tried to make the scattering pop. It only uses default shaders and was geared for Arc Alpin 2 at noon so it might work terribly for other landscapes.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15ePi0o ... sp=sharing
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lord_Archon

Re: RESHADE Preset for Condor 2

Post by Lord_Archon » Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:13 am

More importantly, congrats to the people who worked in ArcAlpin2 for such an amazing landscape. Chilling in Innsbruck .
Condor 2021-03-03 03-02-30.jpg
Condor 2021-03-03 03-03-59.jpg
Condor 2021-03-03 03-05-04.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.