Scenery's on external drive not seen by Condor

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

vanliessum

Scenery's on external drive not seen by Condor

Post by vanliessum » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:33 pm

Because of the volume of the landscapes I downloaded them on an external drive.
Unfortunately, Condor does not see them. How can I solve this problem?

wickid

Re: Scenery's on external drive not seen by Condor

Post by wickid » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:49 pm

I use this: https://download.cnet.com/Link-Shell-Ex ... 13087.html to create a "junction"

Pick link source on the scenery folder -> drop as "junction" in the condor Landscape folder.

There is also a program by BRE901. I can't remember what it is called. But im sure he will tell you soon
PH-1504, KOE

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:53 pm

wickid wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:49 pm
There is also a program by BRE901. I can't remember what it is called. But im sure he will tell you soon
There you go :
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=18924
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

vanliessum

Post by vanliessum » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:05 pm

Thank you, Wiek.
I've installed the program. To see if it works I tried to change the landscape in Free Flight to one that is on my external drive. It does not seem to recognize that peticular landscape (Netherlands HD).
Any suggestions? Tried to find also the two servers to train for E-NK, but they seem to have gone from the Condor server list. Mistake?
Peter

wickid

Post by wickid » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:56 pm

Translation below:

Heb je dat programma wat ik suggereerde of die van Bre901 geinstalleerd?

In het eerste geval:
- ga naar de map waar je het landschap hebt staan. Bijvoorbeeld D:/Condorlandscappen ofzoiets.
- klik met de rechter muisknop op de map en ga naar "pick link source"
- ga nu naar de map: C:/Condor2/Landscapes/
- klik rechts in het scherm. Daar heb je de optie "drop as". In het submenutje kun je kiezen voor "junction"
- een mapje verschijnt met de naam van het landschap

Nu zou het moeten werken in Condor.

Het programma van Bre901 heb ik nooit gebruikt. Kijk in het desbetreffende forum hoe dat werkt

Translation:

If you use shell extention posted above:

- go to the folder where you unpacked the landscape (eg. D:/condorlandscapes
- right click the landscape base folder and go to "pick link source"
- go to C:/Condor2/landscapes
- right click in white area and select "drop as"
- in the sub menu select "junction"

The landscape folder should now appear

If you use Bre901's program look in the forum post how to use that
PH-1504, KOE

vanliessum

Post by vanliessum » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:48 pm

Ik heb het volgens de eerste optie uitgevoerd (ging precies zoals je het beschreef) en vervolgens in "free flight" rechts boven in het scherm geprobeerd de landscape te veranderen (standaard Slovenie), maar zie geen pop-up menu met meer mogelijkheden. Zou dat wel moeten? Ook de in de C-schijf al aanwezige landscapes komen niet naar voren.
Zoals gezegd wilde ik de trainingsmogelijkheid voor de E-NK gebruiken maar die zie ik niet meer terug in de serverlijsten.

wickid

Post by wickid » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:06 pm

vanliessum wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:48 pm
Ik heb het volgens de eerste optie uitgevoerd (ging precies zoals je het beschreef) en vervolgens in "free flight" rechts boven in het scherm geprobeerd de landscape te veranderen (standaard Slovenie), maar zie geen pop-up menu met meer mogelijkheden. Zou dat wel moeten? Ook de in de C-schijf al aanwezige landscapes komen niet naar voren.
Zoals gezegd wilde ik de trainingsmogelijkheid voor de E-NK gebruiken maar die zie ik niet meer terug in de serverlijsten.
Trainingsmogelijkheden heb ik nu weer opgestart. Heb je de landschappen na het downloaden uitgepakt? Ze zijn normaal in een .7z bestand als je ze download. Voordat ze werken in Condor moet je ze uitpakken.
PH-1504, KOE

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:38 pm

Eventueel zelf uitgepakte bestanden kunnen in een verkeerde folder structuur staan.

Landschappen die op Condor.club staan kunnen worden geïnstalleerd met de speciale Condor Updater. Download HIER

vanliessum

Post by vanliessum » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:42 pm

Thank you guys.
In the mean time things are working a bit better, although:

Joining a trainingserver for the E-NK I was kicked by server: once because of "modified landscape files detected" (most recent NetherlandsHD file is already installed) and once because of "hangar needs to be updated".
Free flight can be performed though.
Printing of flight planner results in an empty page.
So altogether still 3 problems.

Any suggestions/ideas?

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:10 pm

I noticed that the landscape was updated on Condor.club, I however could not download it yet... So it might be possible that your version is newer then the version on the server. I'll try tonight...

Condor has code updates (Patches) and glider updates (Hangar Updates) seperated. You need the latest versions of both. You can download them here: https://www.condorsoaring.com/downloads-2/

I'm not at home right now, so can't check what can be wrong with printing of the task.

EDB

Post by EDB » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:19 am

Current landscape version on Condor.club is still the same (some zip files did change though...). I could connect to the test servers with this version. So something went wrong with installing the landscape on your computer, or the files got corrupted on your machine somehow after installing.
Try to install it again. Use the Condor Updater from Condor Club.

EDB

Post by EDB » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:39 pm

I had no problem with printing the task. I don't print directly to the printer. If you do, you have to setup the correct default printer and settings in Windows.

If I use print, I print to BitMap, or PDF/XPS. You can archive the BMP, PDF or XPS and print them from within Windows also. The only problem currently is that the HIGH CLOUDS settings are not visible (see at the bottom if the attachment). The BitMap (named FlightPlan.bmp by default) is placed in the Condor2 root folder by default. If you want a different location and/or name, go into Setup first. Printing to PDF or XPS will ask for a printing location and name.

FlightPlan-50%.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.