Menu freeze

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

davesalmon

Menu freeze

Post by davesalmon » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:45 pm

I can't remember if I've tried Flight School in the past, but I've tried it recently because we have added some of our own exercises. All work OK, both original and our new ones, but I can't exit, except by using Task Manager.
When I try to exit by using esc , when the main menu appears, it freezes, no buttons are active, so I have to end task in Task Manager.
This does not happen after Free Flight, only Flight School. It does not happen when the pilot who produced the new exercises tries them on his PC.

davesalmon

Re: Menu freeze

Post by davesalmon » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:57 pm

I have now found that the Flight School menu window is persisting as the active window behind the main menu, so preventing the main menu working. Shows up in the Task Bar.

bluefang

Post by bluefang » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:52 am

I found the same issue. The only solution I have found so far is to move the Flight School dialog window to either side of the Main Menu window BEFORE you start a lesson. The position of the Flight School window is saved and when you exit the lesson it is then easier to click on to move to the front.

Get my scenery on condor.club: RDU-USA (Raleigh/Durham area of NC)

davesalmon

Post by davesalmon » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:46 am

Thanks, I had found the same solution, the 2 windows were exactly the same size and the inactive window was sitting on top of the active one.
I moved the FS one onto a second screen. Strangely though there is no need now, the windows are a different size and no longer superimposed.