Help needed, running Condor Server on Wine

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

BOD1

Help needed, running Condor Server on Wine

Post by BOD1 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:42 am

Hi fellow pilots (and linux guru),

I created a launcher who call CondorServer and sends settings (FPL, ...). It works well on Windows (I can join and fly) but under Wine, I can't connect to host.

I'm on Ubuntu 18.04 with latest staging version of Wine with win32 architecture.
So far, it works (server is launched, displayed in serverlist, port 56278 is listening and reachable from outside accordingly to nmap, firewall is correctly set to allow udp packets to come through). But I can't connect (host not found).

DirectPlay is installed, CondorServer doesn't complain (log is empty, it would have something in if there was an error on CondorServer side).
I just have a bunch of "fixme" when CondorServer starts:

Code: Select all

0070:fixme:winsock:WS_setsockopt SO_SNDBUF ignoring request to disable send buffering
0070:fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 28000002 (device=2800 access=0 func=0 method=2)
0070:fixme:winsock:server_ioctl_sock Unsupported ioctl 28000002 (device=2800 access=0 func=0 method=2)
0070:fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl unsupported WS_IOCTL cmd (SIO_ENABLE_CIRCULAR_QUEUEING) 
Does someone succeed to run CondorDedicated or CondorServer on Linux and was able to join?
What did I miss? Thank you for your precious help!

Thierry

PS: All condor files are present and InstallDir is in registry, but I didn't use installer. Accordingly to Uros, it shouldn't matter.
Please use this button to send me a PM, Forum messaging is too limited.

BOD1

Re: Help needed, running Condor Server on Wine

Post by BOD1 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:54 pm

I finally succeed, by total random luck. I've 2 network interfaces, 1 for internet with public class ip, 1 for local networking, with private class ip). By disabling the interface with private ip, it worked!
Now, I have to figure out how to keep this 2nd interface up AND run CondorServer :/
Please use this button to send me a PM, Forum messaging is too limited.