competition without PDA

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

thru

competition without PDA

Post by thru » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:45 am

Hi
I can remember to have seen a thread in a forum about this topic. But can not find it anymore.
Does someone have the link for this? Thank you.

The topics are the following:
- Start procedure: is the start automatic? Enter, leave start sector correctly with allowed altitude, or do I have to press a function or other actions?
- Pass TP sectors correctly. Take a "correct" picture from the TP sector
As I remember correctly, this procedure is a bit tricky, right angles, catch base of the TP-bar etc.
- Pass target/finish line. Activity reqired or does the program automatically check/register this?

Thank you and best regards

be_adairing

Re: competition without PDA

Post by be_adairing » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:11 am

If you do your silver badge on condor - club that should answer your questions and give you some useful experience!

https://www.condor-club.eu/badge/146/?badge=1

Paul

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:28 am

Two more threads that may help you out

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=19763

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=20157
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....

Fabry

Post by Fabry » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:18 pm

For NO PDA it's important to understand that there are no altitude limitations except for the "observed" finish line.
Also when you create a task if you set maximum range for Turn Point helper, yellow course lines will be visible if you press key "J" twice, those yellow lines in the sky in my opinion deny the very concept of VFR navigation that a no PDA task should bring, but they might be helpful to help beginners experience with this little used but very fun Condor2 competition mode
Fabry
FDS
ASW-19 N80SF

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:33 pm

Fabry wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:18 pm
For NO PDA it's important to understand that there are no altitude limitations except for the "observed" finish line.
If you want to enforce a maximum altitude for start, the workaround is to add a penalty zone above the start sector, same size or slightly bigger, with high penalty values, both for entry and per minute.
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

Fabry

Post by Fabry » Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:24 pm

Bre901 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:33 pm
.......If you want to enforce a maximum altitude for start, the workaround is to add a penalty zone above the start sector, same size or slightly bigger, with high penalty values, both for entry and per minute.
Yes Bre901 that's a harsh but effective solution.

Also I forgot to mention the Condor Flight Planner Window has a very useful "Print Tab" on the bottom left that can be used to print all the info you need to navigate successfully your NO PDA task
Fabry
FDS
ASW-19 N80SF