COTASA within VR?

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Post Reply
jorgemarmor
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:57 am

COTASA within VR?

Post by jorgemarmor » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:31 am

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone is using COTASA (Marc's amazing tool) with VR goggles (i.e. integrating COTASA within the VR world while flying with condor).

I've been trying to use it with my Oculus Rift S (as I do with XCSoar), but I cannot find COTASA windows in Oculus desktop.

Thank you in advance for your help!
Image

cvvs
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:43 pm

Re: COTASA within VR?

Post by cvvs » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:58 pm

I can't even use xcsoar with rift S. :evil: :evil: :evil:
if you have the right method, I'm a taker. :wink:

jorgemarmor
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:57 am

Re: COTASA within VR?

Post by jorgemarmor » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:13 am

We prepared a guide for XCSoar: http://aeroclubcollarada.org/wp-content ... s-v1.0.pdf

I'm sorry it is in Spanish only so far. I hope you can understand it with Google translator or something.
Image

k6chris
Posts: 154
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:34 am

Re: COTASA within VR?

Post by k6chris » Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:12 am

jorgemarmor wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:13 am
We prepared a guide for XCSoar: http://aeroclubcollarada.org/wp-content ... s-v1.0.pdf

I'm sorry it is in Spanish only so far. I hope you can understand it with Google translator or something.
I have used Google to translate into English. The PDF is at the bottom of this page https://saltbyxc.weebly.com/condor.html

Thanks for the original work!

jorgemarmor
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:57 am

Re: COTASA within VR?

Post by jorgemarmor » Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:56 am

Great, Chris!

The English is not perfect but it can be understood...
Image

User avatar
Bre901
Posts: 1101
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:57 pm
Location: Annecy (France)
Contact:

Re: COTASA within VR?

Post by Bre901 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:52 pm

jorgemarmor wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:56 am
Great, Chris!

The English is not perfect but it can be understood...
Deepl.com usually does a better job than g.
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

AUBUISSON
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:48 pm

Re: COTASA within VR?

Post by AUBUISSON » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:08 pm

Mois j’utilise Cotasa et XCSoar en VR il faut simplement connaître la manipulation avec la manette droite. :shock:
Image

jorgemarmor
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:57 am

Re: COTASA within VR?

Post by jorgemarmor » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:49 pm

AUBUISSON wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:08 pm
Mois j’utilise Cotasa et XCSoar en VR il faut simplement connaître la manipulation avec la manette droite. :shock:
Good to hear. How do you manage to include COTASA within the VR environment?
Image

AUBUISSON
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:48 pm

Re: COTASA within VR?

Post by AUBUISSON » Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:16 pm

Your mask is in place on your face you must see your windows desktop click on the icon that interests you, when the application is open, to pin a window (any window will show your mother-in-law's photo if you want to fly with) Cotasa or XCSoar then you have to use your right oculus controller to simultaneously press the oculus button with your thumb and on the side button with your middle finger aiming the window with the blue laser beam. the gesture the window will detach from the screen and will float in the air, always with the joystick you will be able to pin the window where you want. More or less far to the right to the left up to the bottom ets ... Condor is still not open once the window or windows have been pinned, they must be fixed by aiming with the blue laser at the command "pin to experience" which will change to "detach". At this point you can enter Condor2 and you see that your applications are visible in your cockpit.
It sounds complicated but it's very simple when you know how to do it.
Sorry I speak English poorly I do the translation with a translation software

Votre masque est en place sur votre visage vous devez voir votre bureau windows cliquez sur l'icone qui vous interesse,lorsque l'application est ouverte ,pour épinglé une fenêtre (n'importe qu'elle fenêtre la photo de votre belle mère si vous voulez voler avec)Cotasa ou XCSoar alors il faut avec votre manette oculus droite appuyer en même temps sur le bouton oculus avec le pouce et sur la touche latérale avec votre doigt majeur en visant la fenêtre avec le rayon laser bleu.Là si vous avez bienfait le geste la fenêtre va se détacher de l'écran et va floter dans l'air ,toujour avec la manette vous allez pouvoir épingler la fenêtre ou vous voulez .Plus ou moins loin à droite à gauche en haut en bas ets...Condor n'est toujours pas ouvert une fois lllle ou les fenêtres épinglé il faut les fixer en visant avec le laser bleu la commande "épingler à l'expèrience "qui passera en "détacher".A ce moment là vous pouvez rentrer dans Condor2 et vous constaterez que vos application son visible dans votre cokpit.
Désolé je parle mal l'anglais je fais la traduction avec un logiciel de traduction
Image

jorgemarmor
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:57 am

Re: COTASA within VR?

Post by jorgemarmor » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:41 pm

!
AUBUISSON wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:16 pm
Your mask is in place on your face you must see your windows desktop click on the icon that interests you, when the application is open, to pin a window (any window will show your mother-in-law's photo if you want to fly with) Cotasa or XCSoar then you have to use your right oculus controller to simultaneously press the oculus button with your thumb and on the side button with your middle finger aiming the window with the blue laser beam. the gesture the window will detach from the screen and will float in the air, always with the joystick you will be able to pin the window where you want. More or less far to the right to the left up to the bottom ets ... Condor is still not open once the window or windows have been pinned, they must be fixed by aiming with the blue laser at the command "pin to experience" which will change to "detach". At this point you can enter Condor2 and you see that your applications are visible in your cockpit.
It sounds complicated but it's very simple when you know how to do it.
Sorry I speak English poorly I do the translation with a translation software

Votre masque est en place sur votre visage vous devez voir votre bureau windows cliquez sur l'icone qui vous interesse,lorsque l'application est ouverte ,pour épinglé une fenêtre (n'importe qu'elle fenêtre la photo de votre belle mère si vous voulez voler avec)Cotasa ou XCSoar alors il faut avec votre manette oculus droite appuyer en même temps sur le bouton oculus avec le pouce et sur la touche latérale avec votre doigt majeur en visant la fenêtre avec le rayon laser bleu.Là si vous avez bienfait le geste la fenêtre va se détacher de l'écran et va floter dans l'air ,toujour avec la manette vous allez pouvoir épingler la fenêtre ou vous voulez .Plus ou moins loin à droite à gauche en haut en bas ets...Condor n'est toujours pas ouvert une fois lllle ou les fenêtres épinglé il faut les fixer en visant avec le laser bleu la commande "épingler à l'expèrience "qui passera en "détacher".A ce moment là vous pouvez rentrer dans Condor2 et vous constaterez que vos application son visible dans votre cokpit.
Désolé je parle mal l'anglais je fais la traduction avec un logiciel de traduction
Wow, that's amazing. It is working!

I was always adding XCSoar through the plus ("+") symbol and COTASA didn't appear there. Your approach takes some time to get used to it, but it works!


Thank you so much, AUBUISSON
Image

Post Reply