Parallax error

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

JeffSmith

Parallax error

Post by JeffSmith » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:44 am

I would like to know why there is a parallax error built into the simulation when viewing the flap position lever.

If this reflects a real life view, why don't the manufacturers compensate for the aft head position when viewing this indicator?

Also, is there any chance that labels could be made to toggle on and off when viewing the PDA?
The big yellow labels obscure the map when trying to view the details of the Start etc.

wickid

Re: Parallax error

Post by wickid » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:27 am

Not all flap labels and detents line up with the lever positions. Problem is that the Condor cockpit animations are linear with fixed intervals. The plane models are made as close to RL as possible, with differing intervals between flapsettings.

Hopefully this animation limitation will be fixed in the future. In the Stemme I made the label with equal spacing so it lines up.
PH-1504, KOE

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:22 pm

JeffSmith wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:44 am
I would like to know why there is a parallax error built into the simulation when viewing the flap position lever.
If you use the term parallax I understand that you consider the optical error due to the pilot's head position vs the flaps lever, not the mis-alignment between the flap lever positions and the indexes. This is correctly reproduced by Condor.

Possible workarounds are
- if you have a head tracking device or VR : move your head
- use CoTASA
- use a Throttle Quadrant (R)
- briefly change the flaps settings so that the message appears in the lower-right corner of the screen
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:09 pm

... or change to a correct FoV for you viewing your monitor...

JeffSmith

Post by JeffSmith » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:41 pm

I'm using a 4k flat screen and I have played around with the viewing angle, but the indicator usually lines up with the next position.
This means I have to double check by flipping forward and back on long flights, to see the number shown in the bottom right corner of the screen. I would have thought that the flap position is something that could have been correctly shown without compromising on realism.

JBlyth

Post by JBlyth » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:35 am

I found the same with a number of gliders. As I mainly fly the JS1, I spent some time editing the Decals.tga file to get the alignments accurate, which solved that glider's issues for me.

However, because any update overwrites my updated one, I have to copy my version back each time.

I happy to send my version to the developers if they are interested.

Cheers
John in Sunny Carnarvon Western Australia.

congo

Post by congo » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:05 am

JBlyth,

Could you please attach the file to this forum thread using the attachments button in the reply section?

I am interested to see how you did this. thank you.

Cheers
Congo in Sunny Hervey Bay Queensland.

:)

JBlyth

Post by JBlyth » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:39 am

Hi Congo,

Here you go Congo - my file is attached. It works nicely (for me) with both wingspans of the JS1.

I edited the file with Corel Paintshop Pro and just moved the alignments around a little.....

Cheers
John
Decals.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

congo

Post by congo » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:24 pm

Thank you :)

JLN

Post by JLN » Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:58 pm

Hello,
Very good job, Jblyth
I did the same for the Ventus 3 15 and the diana 2

You can download the files hereunder.
For me it helps a lot as I use the "Hud toggle" to prevent from seeing the start gate message, sometimes 60 minutes in front of me...
Regards
Jean-Luc
Download link :
https://we.tl/t-lIFz2fvLqM