Edit Ghost Start Times

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Skypig

Edit Ghost Start Times

Post by Skypig » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:59 am

Is there any way to edit the ghost start times so that they all start at the same time. It's frustrating to start a flight, and the race starts, but the ghosts don't take off, or they fly around for 30 minutes before starting. I understand that they are testing the waters, and trying to time their start to optimize their times, but when trying to use them to figure out how they go fast, it's frustrating waiting for them to start.
Is there any way to edit off the beginning of their flight to get to the start of the race.
Plus, I think it would make it more interesting to have everyone start at the same time, like a regatta race, without the safety factor since they are only ghosts.

Bre901

Re: Edit Ghost Start Times

Post by Bre901 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:27 am

Skypig wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:59 am
Is there any way to edit the ghost start times so that they all start at the same time.
No
It's frustrating to start a flight, and the race starts, but the ghosts don't take off, or they fly around for 30 minutes before starting. I understand that they are testing the waters, and trying to time their start to optimize their times,
If the FTRs you downloaded have been recorded online, they are just waiting for the join time to end
but when trying to use them to figure out how they go fast, it's frustrating waiting for them to start.
Is there any way to edit off the beginning of their flight to get to the start of the race.
It's not possible currently
Plus, I think it would make it more interesting to have everyone start at the same time, like a regatta race, without the safety factor since they are only ghosts.
If you want to have the same weather as the ghosts, you have to fly at the same time they flew.
I would recommend that you select one ghost, check how long after the beginning he crossed the start line, start Condor but don't start the flight, set an appropriate timer (leave enough time for you to climb so that you are ready to start when he starts) and do something else in between and then start the flight at the end of the waiting time
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

wickid

Post by wickid » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:47 am

You can edit the start time in the map page of the flight planner so you join the flight at the same time the ghosts are taking off. However with thermal tasks this affects where the thermals are and you may see ghosts thermalling in the blue where you can't find any lift.

Say the FPL has the default 12:00 start time. But on the clock in game the ghosts start at 12:30. If you adjust the start time in the flightplanner to 12:30, the clock in game will be 12:30 and the ghosts will start right away.
PH-1504, KOE

Skypig

Post by Skypig » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:48 am

Got it. Thanx