Patch 2.1.4 removes condor.exe and game gets unusable

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

diegosalido

Patch 2.1.4 removes condor.exe and game gets unusable

Post by diegosalido » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:00 am

I've been using Condor 2 on a Win 10 computer with no issues so far, for about a year now.

I installed the previous patches as soon as they were released and everything went smoothly. But after I installed patch 2.1.4 condor.exe simply disappeared. I reinstalled Condor 2 on top of my old installation (this brought condor.exe back), reinstalled the patch and the same thing happened. So I uninstalled Condor 2 (using the uninstaller included with it), made sure the program was running normally and once again I installed the patch. Once more, the exe file disappeared. So apparently this is a reproducible issue, at least in my computer.

I managed to make a video right after I uninstalled and reinstalled, where you can see condor.exe is present in the program folder, and a shortcut is present in my computer desktop. I opened it to show it executed correctly, and then I started running the patch installer. At 00:33 in the video you can see how the exe file as well as the desktop shortcut are automatically removed right after the patch begins installing. This is a link to the video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Aisgg7 ... sp=sharing

Has anyone else found a similar issue? Does anyone know of any workarounds for it?
Thanks!

wickid

Re: Patch 2.1.4 removes condor.exe and game gets unusable

Post by wickid » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:14 am

Maybe it is your virusscanner that is removing it?
PH-1504, KOE

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:14 am

When installing the update right click on the install file and choose to 'Run as Administrator'. That might solve it.
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....

RayLewis

Post by RayLewis » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:27 pm

I also have problems after installing the latest patch. In may case my pitch control on my joystick (usb) stops working. All joystick functions are settable, and the patch changed nothing, save that pitch control in the programme is non-existant. I run another flight sim with the same joystick on the same computer and with that programme there are no issues. From this is presume there is a problem with the 2.1.4 patch in some way.

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:07 pm

Asking the same twice question is useless, it does not increase the probability of an answer and all it does is just mess up the forum, especially if you post in an unrelated thread :roll:
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/