No audio after pausing

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

janssenhgm

No audio after pausing

Post by janssenhgm » Thu May 21, 2020 10:09 pm

Dear Support team,

After pausing the sim and returning after a while (15 min) and continue flight , the sounds have disappeared and thus part of the immersion as well. I tried to launch another application in a window (youtube movie) at the same time when flying and sound is just there. Any idea what this can be ?

Many thanks

Henk

JBlyth

Re: No audio after pausing

Post by JBlyth » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:40 am

I have found the same problem. No sound after pausing for a while. During the paused time, the screen has on occasion turned off, but not always.

The audio selection in Windows 10 remains unchanged, but nothing is heard at all. IT is amazing difficult to fly without the audio cues....

Cheers
John in Sunny Carnarvon - Western Australia

pilatusb4

Post by pilatusb4 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:38 pm

I've just experienced the same problem, has anyone found a way of getting the audio again without exiting Condor and starting again?

eegodsey

Post by eegodsey » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:16 am

This may be a Windows problem ... not a Condor problem.

Here is a link to a similar thread in a Windows forum: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 5437cf7027

As usual, Microsoft's advice is to reinstall the drivers and restart the machine. It was no surprise to me that this has not solved the problem.

alanjacobs

Post by alanjacobs » Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:00 pm

Any news on this topic? I also have the same annoying issue with the sound vanishing after pausing.

I don't believe this is a Windows issue as I can swap to other programs and audio is fine. But switch back to Condor and nothing.

Thx
Alan

MoonUA

Post by MoonUA » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:46 pm

over a year later, same issue here. Windows 11 in my case. Any solution?

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:39 pm

Can sometimes be because focus changes from Condor to other software. Maybe alt+tab back to condor to re-focus on Condor? Test alt+tab prior to flying a task. I have fullscreen set and alt+tan can sometimes do strange things.

I think some may set to either fullscreen or windowed to help prevent change of focus. I can't recall which but it's been mentioned in the forum in the past. As said I fly fullscreen and I've never had an issue to date.
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....