PATCH 2.1.2 Released THE BIG ONE !!!

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Luscombe

Re: PATCH 2.1.2 Released THE BIG ONE !!!

Post by Luscombe » Sat May 09, 2020 8:28 pm

ybuqc wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 8:08 pm
BOD1 wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 6:41 pm
Angry Ivy wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 5:38 pm
A bit disappointing to see how some are communicating their troubles with the new update. Obviously, some of you had some technical issues, but how about giving some normal feedback without being a complete dick.
+10000
👍🏻
Look like kiddies with broken toy.
And besides one or two people crying (quite loudly indeed), I was quite happy to see that on Condor's team request, several people joined a server to help instead of only complaining...
Well I don't think having a problem is crying, If i paid for a service and the service no longer works when its updated, rendering the paid service useless, I would like to find out how it can be fixed. So quit being a tough guy and maybe try instead to help someone out! Make sense?

Luscombe

Post by Luscombe » Sat May 09, 2020 8:47 pm

wilhelmson wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 10:32 am
I have a problem after installing patch and hangar update

Happened yesterday when I tried to join a server for a competition, a message of wrong version appared.
So I installed the patch 2.1.2 and the hangar update but when I tried again to enter this message came out

"access violation at address 00490884 in module 'Condor.exe'
Read of address 024FFFF8"

I reinstalled the patch 2.1.2 and hangar update, same problem.
I uninstalled the game, deleted the Condor folder in documents and reistalled, created a new pilot and, with the version 2.1.0 I can fly, but as soon as I install the patch 2.1.2 with hangar update the message show up again and is impossible to fly even in freeflight
+1

snip

Post by snip » Sat May 09, 2020 8:52 pm

Condor dev team is working on a fix which, i'm sure, they will provide asap.

Waiting for this, you can still rollback to previous version.

Thanks for this amazing update :)

Uros
Condor Team

Post by Uros » Sat May 09, 2020 8:55 pm

We have already identified and fixed this access violation bug. I'm afraid not much can be done till the new patch (we will hurry with it! and only fix bugs, nothing else).

The only thing you can do till then is having at least one addon plane and fly with it. I know, it sounds like bad marketing, but was not intended and will let you fly till the patch. We hope to release the patch in 1 week (max 2!).
Uros Bergant,
Condor Team

Khainapha61

Post by Khainapha61 » Sat May 09, 2020 9:21 pm

Hi Guys
Just a small bug I think but disturbing. If in the new version 2.1.2 I switch on turnpoint helper (30km) I get columns of different blue round the turnpoints. Have it on laptop and Pc, Reinstalling doesn't change it.
I just overinstalled the old patch and wait for the new release.
Best regards and have fun.
K.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Sat May 09, 2020 9:30 pm

Khainapha61 wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 9:21 pm
Hi Guys
Just a small bug I think but disturbing. If in the new version 2.1.2 I switch on turnpoint helper (30km) I get columns of different blue round the turnpoints. Have it on laptop and Pc, Reinstalling doesn't change it.
I just overinstalled the old patch and wait for the new release.
Best regards and have fun.
K.
Thats a feature, not a bug. We now display the turnpoint cylinders in Condor the same as in Spectate!
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

Uros
Condor Team

Post by Uros » Sat May 09, 2020 9:54 pm

Use right mouse key to zoom out and you will see what those blue colors mean..
Uros Bergant,
Condor Team

Khainapha61

Post by Khainapha61 » Sun May 10, 2020 12:13 am

Hi Chris Uros
That was a fast reply thanks. :shock:
I will try it :)
Many regards K.

jslw

Post by jslw » Sun May 10, 2020 12:16 am

Luscombe wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 8:28 pm
ybuqc wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 8:08 pm
BOD1 wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 6:41 pm

+10000
👍🏻
Look like kiddies with broken toy.
And besides one or two people crying (quite loudly indeed), I was quite happy to see that on Condor's team request, several people joined a server to help instead of only complaining...
Well I don't think having a problem is crying, If i paid for a service and the service no longer works when its updated, rendering the paid service useless, I would like to find out how it can be fixed. So quit being a tough guy and maybe try instead to help someone out! Make sense?
+1

Uros wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 8:55 pm
We have already identified and fixed this access violation bug. I'm afraid not much can be done till the new patch (we will hurry with it! and only fix bugs, nothing else).

The only thing you can do till then is having at least one addon plane and fly with it. I know, it sounds like bad marketing, but was not intended and will let you fly till the patch. We hope to release the patch in 1 week (max 2!).

Well you could for example make one of these addon plane available temporarily for all until you cook the patch instead of asking us to buy one to fix your mistake. We already paid for a program that doesn't work anymore for some of us because of this so BIG update.
You could also leave available the download of the last stable 2.1.1 and label 2.1.2 as beta until everything work.
I have been an happy Condor pilot since 2006 but I am today more than disappointed by the lack of good will from Condor team to bring a temporary solution until a fix is out.

Yes it is bad marketing and yes i am complaining!

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Sun May 10, 2020 12:26 am

The bug exists in 2.1.1 too, so thats not a solution. We would have said if it was :)

We already have this fixed in test, and I can't promise until its made final, but I dont think it will be long to wait.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

Khainapha61

Post by Khainapha61 » Sun May 10, 2020 1:53 am

Hi Chris Uros
Thanks again for the advice with the turnpoint columns.
I don't fly online . For me the patch works perfect just now on AA2. The ASW20 will be my favorite super :D
Many regards K.

dave50

Post by dave50 » Sun May 10, 2020 3:09 am

I agree with other disappointed users. Unexpected bugs can pop up but response has been very poor.

A week or two is not a good response time for bug that completely disabled the simulation for many people.

Put up latest version that did work, whatever that was - even if not 2.1.1

Suggesting the we should buy more stuff to get around your bug is very bad. Make it free if this is the answer. Costs you nothing because I wasn't going to buy it anyway.

I see that you still have the update on your download page, even though you know that it will cut off many users.

Condor2 is a great product and I have been enjoying it very much. In this case, bad marketing is an understatement.

congo

Post by congo » Sun May 10, 2020 10:52 am

Great new features, thanks for all the bug fixes, thanks for the new plane.

Nice going Condor Team :)

bernie

Post by bernie » Sun May 10, 2020 12:30 pm

Hi, generally thanks for work and update - besides when i run spectator-mode according to manual, i cannot get get the "condor spectate panel".
After clicking join, no panel appears, F1 up to F12 will work sometimes (partly in a strange way) sometimes not - could not join any pilot - some idea how to change that?
regards bernie

Jarmo K

Post by Jarmo K » Sun May 10, 2020 12:51 pm

bernie wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 12:30 pm
Hi, generally thanks for work and update - besides when i run spectator-mode according to manual, i cannot get get the "condor spectate panel".
After clicking join, no panel appears, F1 up to F12 will work sometimes (partly in a strange way) sometimes not - could not join any pilot - some idea how to change that?
regards bernie
I was struggling with this same issue in the beginning. In Condor graphics I have full screen emulation, and managed to get that spectate panel totally dissapear :lol: Then tested with windowed as well, where I managed to get specate panel minimized on low left corner (and once lost as well)
Then further testing with full screen emulation and for my liking best way is:
- join as spectator
- select all what wanted from spectate panel
- click with mouse outside spectate panel = you will hit condor window on top
- and when going back to spectate panel, just press ALT - TAB (normal window switching)
br,
Jarmo