Limit on number of penalty zones

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

aliran

Limit on number of penalty zones

Post by aliran » Fri May 08, 2020 9:42 am

Does Condor has a limit on the number of penalty zone you can add? I seem to have hit a limit of 8, after that the option to create a new penalty zone is greyed out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

wickid

Re: Limit on number of penalty zones

Post by wickid » Fri May 08, 2020 9:51 am

Yes, the limit is 8
PH-1504, KOE

DanD

Post by DanD » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:48 pm

I only seem to be able to set 4 PZ's (each with 4 corners). Is there a trick to increase it to 8? Also, I can't set the heights in feet, which is inconvenient since the Designated Airspace Handbook in Canada is in feet. I would have hoped setting Imperial or Australian units would set this to feet.

Update: I saved the .fpl file, and was able to get to the maximum of eight that way. Inconvenient.

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:24 am

I've just tested and with the latest version of Condor 2 the GUI allows me to input 8 penalty zones.

As for the request for more penalty zones that'd be awesome. I tried editing the fpl file manually but it all goes a bit crazy if you enter in more than 8.

Wickid is there a reason it was decided 8 would be enough? What is the impact of having more? Is it to do with the graphical representation and if there are more it hits FPS?

For somewhere like the UK it'd be useful to be able to create more so that realistic airspace can be created.
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....

wickid

Post by wickid » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:28 am

Paul_UK wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:24 am

Wickid is there a reason it was decided 8 would be enough? What is the impact of having more? Is it to do with the graphical representation and if there are more it hits FPS?
Don't know. My guess is how it is stored in memory. Only Uros can tell you.
PH-1504, KOE

Pit_R

Post by Pit_R » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:41 am

BTW - if there may be (some day) update to penalty zones - what about different shapes also - circles?
And import from one of RL formats? Would be much easier to set them.
No matter where you go... There you are...

:::: Please use this envelope
to send me a PM.

DanD

Post by DanD » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:10 pm

Agree with both; even increasing the allowed points from four to six would really help. Most of the airspace I have to work with is circular. Also, having a display like the thermal height and inversion height where it can be dragged rather than typed would improve it. Also, having a check box for feet as well as metres would be nice. Very, very nice.