Pilot name details

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Stonks

Pilot name details

Post by Stonks » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:03 pm

Hi
I have just purchased Condor 2 and as part of the installation procedure, it ends by asking me to enter my Pilot name and details. I entered my name and as I dont own a glider i just made up some numbers in the fields (there is no guidance or help regarding what needs to be entered) The program then said that the pilots name has already been taken and I could not progress any further. There is no option to close or quit. It just stays on the pilots registration details screen expecting me to chose a different name. ....... Very frustrating

I had to quit the program using ctrl alt del and then opened it again. Now the main menu comes up but I still cannot enter my name as it says it is taken (I highly doubt there are two people in the world with the same name as me)
I went to the FAQ and there is nothing there regarding the pilot information screen. I also tried to open the simulators manual but the page then says 404 not found !!!!!

I have to say, after researching this software a lot and wanting to put my real life experience to the test I have been nothing but frustrated by the software so far and I havent even got in a glider yet.

Can someone please help regarding getting my pilot name put right or point me in the right direction.

Thank youi

Bre901

Re: Pilot name details

Post by Bre901 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:29 pm

The manual page link has been fixed.

It looks like Condor has already saved your pilot name and tries to create another pilot with the same name.
Condor does not test pilot names in a remote database, but on your local PC.

Check in the Documents\Condor\Pilots if a LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME folder exists and, if yes, delete it and start again.
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

Stonks

Re: Pilot name details

Post by Stonks » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:40 pm

That fixed it. Thank you.. I just spent nearly 5 hrs flying.. Great simulator :D