I created a subreddit for all things Condor!

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

miguez

I created a subreddit for all things Condor!

Post by miguez » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:28 pm

Hello all,

My first post here, but I'm a long-time Condor user. Started on the original, and flying Condor 2 at the moment. I'm a real-world pilot (albeit not a glider one!), and work at FlightSafety International. I'm passionate about simulation and figured I would contribute a bit to this community.

If you're not familiar with Reddit, it's a discussion site. In many ways, it's like a forum. Each subject (in our case, Condor Soaring Simulator) has a subreddit. There are subreddits for the most remote interests you could think of. So it's a great aggregation of different people. Which is why I thought we could all benefit from having a subreddit.

Some of you might be thinking "But why, we already have a forum here, and having two places will only dilute the information.". You have a point. But what motivated me was something different: exposure. You see, I find Condor an astounding simulation, and think others should know about it. By having a subreddit, I figured we would get people that are not familiar with Condor bumping into it, hopefully becoming interested. And, of course, it's another place for people like us to hang out. Reddit has some cool/useful tools, such as voting on messages in a thread, so that the most popular/useful threads are always at the top, for example. I spent the morning today configuring the page. I've added some user flair and post flair to help keep things organized, but I'm very much interested in any feedback you might have to improve our subreddit. I'm currently the only moderator, since I started the subreddit, but if you have an interest in moderating the page, please let me know.

So, much like you might have a Facebook account, a Twitter account, an Instagram account, even though all of them are similar social medias, I was hoping we could start a presence on Reddit, besides using the forums here.

I'll be the first one to admit that I'm not aware of other online places for Condor people to hang out outside of this forum and condor-club.eu. I'm aware of some other Condor sites, but the ones I know of are either specific clubs, or regional ones. So, considering my ignorance, please forgive me if something similar has already been attempted, or if, for any reason, this is not a good idea. Just please let me know.

You can find the subreddit at https://www.reddit.com/r/condorsim

Thank you, and I hope to see you there,

Fabio Miguez