User wish list to Condor creators

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

TomD_1001

Re: User wish list to Condor creators

Post by TomD_1001 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:57 am

Zligor wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:27 pm
Let water ballast be at maximum by default, not empty.
It's much easier to drop water if you don't need it, than to forget it to take with you :wink:
Uh... sounds to me like you are a member of the "No Kiddin' Racing Pilot"-Team in real life - approaching the glider waiting there "ready to rock" and having a short preflight checklist. :lol:
Greetings
TomD

Zligor

Post by Zligor » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:50 pm

TomD_1001 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:57 am
Zligor wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:27 pm
Let water ballast be at maximum by default, not empty.
It's much easier to drop water if you don't need it, than to forget it to take with you :wink:
Uh... sounds to me like you are a member of the "No Kiddin' Racing Pilot"-Team in real life - approaching the glider waiting there "ready to rock" and having a short preflight checklist. :lol:
No, just a regular recreational paraglider pilot :D
It's just many times i saw friends that forget to take water and then race for them is over. Me too, couple of times..

jmcoursi

Post by jmcoursi » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:36 pm

Hi,
I'd like to have a distinct marking for outlanding fields (those that have a type 3 in the Waypoint style field, number 7 of the .cup files, as per http://download.naviter.com/docs/CUP-fi ... iption.pdf). So far there are only type 1 fields.
XCSoar at least does it.
Now it is just a small yellow circle whatever the type.
I could add an "airport" with the Landscape editor, but then the icon would be exactly the same as real airports (green circle intersected by two parallel lines), and that' d be confusing.

Thanks and all the best !
-- JMC

soldano

Post by soldano » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:53 am

wickid wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:33 am
soldano wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:03 am
AI Competitors.
I used time ago to fly "Sailors of the Sky" ,which by the way, at its time was an excelent and advanced sim. As I dont fly online, the only thing I miss from it , is the lack of AI competitors flying with me.
At SOTS that was very well implemented. You could fly against them in a very reallistic way.
I guess coding that is very dificult, but can be done.
Why don't you fly against ghosts? You can download the flight tracks from the big competitions and fly against real pilots offline.
I havent try flying with ghosts, so I have a few questions:
Can we fly against multiple ghosts ?,
Do they show graphically as the gliders used in each former flight track ?
It is as in real life, flying with several other competitors , which can start before or after you, and you can surpase them, or fly thermals together ?
Thanks

WillVM

Post by WillVM » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:02 pm

Hi,

great simulator again! I am training a lot cross country flying. A few things would be great to improve the skills.
How about a statistic review of the flying, especially thermaling. Like the average climbing and what would have been possible in the thermals of the flight when thermaling left and right. Am I always in the center or next to it? How is my first circle or am I always turning into the wrong direction? Would be a nice feature.
Maybe an in flight statistic page on the pda like on an oudie?

Wouldn't it be great to analyze the landing like in xplane or so? How hard was it? Like how many g. How was the final compared the the optimum?

And a totally different thing. Wouldn't it be great to import weather data? Maybe to make flight more comparable or use actual weather when you can't drive to the airport or its closed because of corona? Or you can fly at the other hemisphere when it is winter a home. The TopMeteo guys are interested in this.

Just some suggestions, but it is great like it is.

Thanks, Willy

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:12 pm

If the Condor2 FLIGHT ANALYSIS is not enough for you there are other options.

ShowCondorIGC
soaringlab.eu
SeeYou

wickid

Post by wickid » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:13 pm

WillVM wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:02 pm
Hi,

great simulator again! I am training a lot cross country flying. A few things would be great to improve the skills.
How about a statistic review of the flying, especially thermaling. Like the average climbing and what would have been possible in the thermals of the flight when thermaling left and right. Am I always in the center or next to it? How is my first circle or am I always turning into the wrong direction? Would be a nice feature.
Maybe an in flight statistic page on the pda like on an oudie?
A lot of that data you will get from XCSoar. In the manual it tells you how to connect it to Condor.

For flight analyses SCI is an excellent tool: https://virtualsoaring.eu/download
PH-1504, KOE

AlexH

Post by AlexH » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:17 am

Recently flew a few sessions with new Condor users and the Height recovery enabled. A few times pilots pressed inadvertently the Q height recovery button. I believe this is quite a common error to do, I have made this mistake as well a few times.
Would it be possible to have an undo height recovery/height recovery penalty for 3 seconds after pressing Q? Suggested key combination of SHIFT Q Within 3 sec after pressing Q to undo Height recovery/penalty.

Fabry

Post by Fabry » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:28 pm

1) Add a "year built" between filter to the Hangar selection so that only gliders of a certain vintage are available during online sessions.

2) Add a take "turnpoint picture" feature to NOTAM to simulate old school photo turns.
Fabry
FDS
ASW-19 N80SF

wickid

Post by wickid » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:09 pm

Fabry wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:28 pm
1) Add a "year built" between filter to the Hangar selection so that only gliders of a certain vintage are available during online sessions.

2) Add a take "turnpoint picture" feature to NOTAM to simulate old school photo turns.
2 is already available. Just deselect the PDA and use oldschool navigation. It is the only way to fly tasks with the grunau baby and the SG38 :D
PH-1504, KOE

DanD

Post by DanD » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:56 pm

Add Groundspeed to PDA screen 3. Delete DH if necessary.

dgtfer

Post by dgtfer » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:12 am

DanD wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:56 pm
Delete DH if necessary.
Definitely not! we use DH for needed glide ratio calculations

2P

Post by 2P » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:31 am

As mentioned several times before, I would like to have the possibility to select custom classes. For example, you can choose a mixed 15m class with club/std/15m, of course with a corresponding index rating. I know, this is also possible with all class, but this way you could avoid discussions and time-consuming explanations in the breefing. In addition one could exclude "unwanted" gliders (diana :evil: :mrgreen:) or select only gliders of a certain generation.
Patrick Portmann 2P

Stormrider

Post by Stormrider » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:07 pm

Thi biggest thing I'd like to see is a Spectator mode for multiplayer. Either for people joining too late, can cycle between competitors showing their cockpit view or external (standard F8 view), or people who have finished the task - extend the F8 view to more than 6km away.

KipperUK

Post by KipperUK » Sat May 02, 2020 4:32 pm

We have “fixed” best we can the spectator mode by streaming pilots views to discord for others to watch. It is better than nothing.

What would be good is if we could have a web hook or something out of the dedicated server, which could send messages such as people starting, turning TPs, finishing, etc and then we could integrate that into Discord for a text commentary.

Better still would be position updates so that we could generate a top down map (this could be disabled for super serious competitions).

It would be good if we could automate sending of IGC files to a nominated service on landout/finish so that we could properly score them.