User wish list to Condor creators

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Pit_R

Re: User wish list to Condor creators

Post by Pit_R » Sat May 02, 2020 11:30 pm

Stormrider wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:07 pm
Thi biggest thing I'd like to see is a Spectator mode for multiplayer. Either for people joining too late, can cycle between competitors showing their cockpit view or external (standard F8 view), or people who have finished the task - extend the F8 view to more than 6km away.

Well - just set 30 km icons + padlock view and you have spectator mode right now... Let's not ask for really unneeded features...
Much more important improvement would be for sure custom class...

2P wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:31 am
As mentioned several times before, I would like to have the possibility to select custom classes
No matter where you go... There you are...

:::: Please use this envelope
to send me a PM.

CristianoConrado

Post by CristianoConrado » Sun May 03, 2020 7:50 am

Hi,

FAI rules set the finish line as a 3Km radius cylinder with a minimum altitude selected as needed.
If the pilot reaches the finish cylinder below the minimum altitude, the task is complete but with a penalty of (nº points/meter x meters below minimum altitude).
In Condor, if a pilot reaches the finish line below the minimum altitude he simply can not finish.

Can you allow the finish line with penalty/meter below?

Regards,

Cristiano

jy1

Post by jy1 » Mon May 04, 2020 4:48 pm

Maybe not possible but how about additional launch methods at very specific sites - (Possibly vintage gliders only) Bungee, Static Bungee, Auto Bungee, Auto Tow/Reverse pulley or even Gravity Launch.
Some of the above have historically been used for expeditions away from gliding sites, especially bungee, opening up soaring in areas often difficult to reach under normal weather conditions.
JY

rlwagner

Post by rlwagner » Tue May 05, 2020 8:30 pm

My Wish List:

CFIG Mode
Create a CFIG mode (and charge us CFIGs to buy it, we'd be happy to pay). The CFIG mode would let us easily create a host for a one-guest mulitplayer mode. We could then pick a two-seat glider, pick the seat we want, and then let a student connect and fly from the other seat. We would both have full control as IRL. And please don't limit the CFIG only to the back seat because I do a lot of flying in the front to train our rated club pilots for a back-seat checkout. This would work on all two-seat ships.

Upgrade DuoDiscus Panel
The DuoDiscus is a high-end ship and I'd expect to see a panel-mounted PDA. Leave the ASK-21 as is because it's a trainer. But give us a panel more likely to be found in a real Duo.

Fill Out The Spec Sheets
We don't fly real gliders without learning the basics like stall speeds with and without water. Fill out that spec screen with important info every pilot needs. Stall speeds with and without water and with cruise and landing flaps (and for solo and dual on the two-seaters).

Panel Previews
It's time to add a third tab to the planes screen that shows a preview of the panel so we can remember what instruments are on each ship.

Skip Turn Points on the PDA
Maybe this is possible already, but I can't figure it out. If a task cannot be completed, it would awesome (and like IRL) to abandon remaining intermediate TPs and jump to the final one to get back home. (I know how to jump through the TPs on that PDA screen, to check the other heights, which is helpful, but it would be better to be able to abandon TPs we cannot reach.)

Make Miracle Jump Less
I've read this elsewhere, but I want to say, "me, too." It would be much better if Miracle jumped less. Maybe +200m. It's easy to hit multiple times if we need more.

Move the LS4a Compass
I can't be the only one who hates the location of the LS4a compass on top of the glare shield. Please get that thing out of the field of view. It's the only one like that.
Gravity always wins!

rlwagner

Post by rlwagner » Tue May 05, 2020 8:33 pm

CristianoConrado wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 7:50 am
FAI rules set the finish line as a 3Km radius cylinder with a minimum altitude selected as needed.
If the pilot reaches the finish cylinder below the minimum altitude, the task is complete but with a penalty of (nº points/meter x meters below minimum altitude).
In Condor, if a pilot reaches the finish line below the minimum altitude he simply can not finish.

Can you allow the finish line with penalty/meter below?

Regards,

Cristiano
AMEN!!
Gravity always wins!

Rix71

Post by Rix71 » Wed May 06, 2020 7:25 am

I'm a new user and find the post flight analysis very interesting and useful. A small improvement would be better control of the map in the debrief. In the preflight brief you have much better manipulation of the map, with drag and mousewheel zoom. It is kind of clunky in the debrief map having to jump to a point in your flight, and then zoom in, and out again just to move the center point of the map. It's a small thing though.

TomD_1001

Post by TomD_1001 » Wed May 06, 2020 9:41 am

rlwagner wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 8:30 pm
My Wish List:

Move the LS4a Compass
I can't be the only one who hates the location of the LS4a compass on top of the glare shield. Please get that thing out of the field of view. It's the only one like that.
rlwagner, I totally agree with all your input.

To Panel editing:
Unfortunately I dont own the LS4a - I would do the editing for you, but I cant see the result so iterating is impossible for me. But I edited the DG808 panel extensively. It's a pain in the a**, but possible to move instruments around and even add new instruments.
1) Find the ..\Condor2\Planes\LS4a\LS4.gau file
2) Open it with a simple TXT-editor
3) In the respective section
[Compass] - name of the instrument
FileName=Compass.c3d - name of the file in the Gauges-folder 1) of the plane or 2) of Condor (for globally defined instruments)
PosX=xxx - move to front (increase value) / to back (decrease value) … 0.001 roughly matches 1 mm
PosY=xxx - move to left (decrease value) / to right (increase value)
PosZ=xxx - move up (decrease value) / down (increase value)
Scale=xxx - scaling the size of the instrument
YAxisRotation=xxx - rotating along the pitch axis (nick)
RotationX=xxx - rotating along the longitudinal axis (roll)

Dont forget to save the original gau-file. To see the changes you need to restart condor.
As I say, it's painful, but dont be afraid... be very very afraid.
Greetings
TomD

wickid

Post by wickid » Wed May 06, 2020 10:08 am

TomD_1001 wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 9:41 am
rlwagner wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 8:30 pm
My Wish List:

Move the LS4a Compass
rlwagner, I totally agree with all your input.

To Panel editing:
Unfortunately I dont own the LS4a - I would do the editing for you, but I cant see the result so iterating is impossible for me. But I edited the DG808 panel extensively. It's a pain in the a**, but possible to move instruments around and even add new instruments.
1) Find the ..\Condor2\Planes\LS4a\LS4.gau file
2) Open it with a simple TXT-editor
3) In the respective section
[Compass] - name of the instrument
FileName=Compass.c3d - name of the file in the Gauges-folder 1) of the plane or 2) of Condor (for globally defined instruments)
PosX=xxx - move to front (increase value) / to back (decrease value) … 0.001 roughly matches 1 mm
PosY=xxx - move to left (decrease value) / to right (increase value)
PosZ=xxx - move up (decrease value) / down (increase value)
Scale=xxx - scaling the size of the instrument
YAxisRotation=xxx - rotating along the pitch axis (nick)
RotationX=xxx - rotating along the longitudinal axis (roll)

Dont forget to save the original gau-file. To see the changes you need to restart condor.
As I say, it's painful, but dont be afraid... be very very afraid.
The Compass housing is in the model, not in the GAU file. So you can move the instrument but the black housing will still be there. It is where all LS4's I know off have the compass. If I search for pictures online, most of them have it there as well. And it is always in the way, also on the real LS4.
PH-1504, KOE

TomD_1001

Post by TomD_1001 » Wed May 06, 2020 10:31 am

Ah, I didn't know - the same with the ASW20, unbelievably worse with a beautiful streamlined housing :D . That's why I surgeonaliced it away finally and placed the compass into the panel - where it doesn't work properly :roll: but at least it's out of the way (formerly at airtow my compass had two wingtips).

Attention:
Not the manufacturer makes the compass mandatory, but the authority (in my case the 'Luftfahrtbundesamt')!
Last edited by TomD_1001 on Wed May 06, 2020 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greetings
TomD

JeffSmith

Post by JeffSmith » Wed May 06, 2020 10:54 am

Hi Guys

My two requests are related to menu and text sizing.

1) Would you please make the menu sizing dependent on the Screen pixel selection in the Setup.
I am using a 4k screen for better video quality, but now the menu information is really too small.

menu.jpg
2) The text on the graphs and PDA is too large to read and needs to resize with the zoom setting.
PDA - When zooming out the labels fill the screen and one cannot see the flight route properly.
Having an option to toggle the labels into coloured dots on the task line would be good.
Result trends and reports - The axis labels should scale back to about ten labels per axis so that they remain readable.

height.jpg
Cheers
Jeff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

be_adairing

Post by be_adairing » Wed May 06, 2020 11:47 am

When flying with ghosts - align the race start times with the race start time of my flight so we all start together.

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Wed May 06, 2020 11:55 am

be_adairing wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 11:47 am
When flying with ghosts - align the race start times with the race start time of my flight so we all start together.
I would leave that as an option (default=no) as it would make the weather pattern different from the one experienced by the ghosts
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

wickid

Post by wickid » Wed May 06, 2020 12:02 pm

be_adairing wrote:
You can select the ghosts and then change the time in the flightplanner window to allign your start with the ghosts start time. That way the weather will be the same.
PH-1504, KOE

Crakob

Post by Crakob » Wed May 06, 2020 1:01 pm

wickid wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 12:02 pm
be_adairing wrote:
You can select the ghosts and then change the time in the flightplanner window to allign your start with the ghosts start time. That way the weather will be the same.
In my understanding, the weather-calcutation starts with the the time of the task.
i'm flying with ghosts quite often. My experience : You have to leave the time of the task as it is, to get the same weather-conditions as the ghost.

e.g.
If the task starts at 13:00 and the ghost starts at 13:30. I have to wait that 30 minutes. (most times i choose airstart and hightrecovery, so i start my plane a few minutes before the ghost starts the race. That way i can start close to the ghost
CRAKOB = CRA

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Wed May 06, 2020 1:28 pm

Crakob wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 1:01 pm
In my understanding, the weather-calcutation starts with the the time of the task.
i'm flying with ghosts quite often. My experience : You have to leave the time of the task as it is, to get the same weather-conditions as the ghost.
Correct.