Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

OXO
Condor Team

Re: User wish list to Condor creators

Post by OXO » Wed May 06, 2020 1:42 pm

JeffSmith wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 10:54 am
Hi Guys

My two requests are related to menu and text sizing.

1) Would you please make the menu sizing dependent on the Screen pixel selection in the Setup.
I am using a 4k screen for better video quality, but now the menu information is really too small.

menu.jpg

2) The text on the graphs and PDA is too large to read and needs to resize with the zoom setting.
PDA - When zooming out the labels fill the screen and one cannot see the flight route properly.
Having an option to toggle the labels into coloured dots on the task line would be good.
Result trends and reports - The axis labels should scale back to about ten labels per axis so that they remain readable.

height.jpg

Cheers
Jeff
You know you can change the high dpi scaling for Condor by right click the shortcut, Then - properties- compatability - change high dpi settings ...
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

Tbi

Post by Tbi » Wed May 06, 2020 2:57 pm

Hi,
The LS8 instrument panel shape in Condor is not like the real instrument panel shape in the LS8.
In Condor The instrument panel shape of the LS8 is on the top a bit flat, the real LS8 instrument panel is more round.
It would be nice when the modellers can change it.
I dont know how long it takes to correct it, but i think it is not that complicated and it is a small detail that make Condor more realistic.

Greetings

JeffSmith

Post by JeffSmith » Thu May 07, 2020 1:46 pm

Hi Chris

Your idea doesn't work - but it is Windows 10!
Everything becomes larger but the Condor menus remain the same size.

How about configuring the menus to the parameters set in the Setup options?
Graphics.jpg
I use my PC for a lot more than just Condor.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JeffSmith

Post by JeffSmith » Thu May 07, 2020 1:55 pm

Here is an example of the PDA view which is cluttered up with labels.
Being able to toggle the labels off and reveal the route would be really helpful.
dash.jpg
Cheers
Jeff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Thu May 07, 2020 2:11 pm

It is cluttered with labels because :
- the task is cluttered with turnpoints :wink:
- the map is only visible on one third of the screen surface area, the rest is wasted. Why did you have to zoom out that much except being able to prove your point ?
If you want to see the whole task why don't you print it (either on paper or in a PDF file which you can display on the screen)
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

JeffSmith

Post by JeffSmith » Thu May 07, 2020 4:12 pm

This was an example of those oversize labels which tend to hide the route.
It may not be a good example, but it gives an idea of what I'm referring to.

The label is only required when one zooms in and they could be smaller like #1 or just a 1/2/3 ... in a specific colour.
You could also use a T for Takeoff, S for Start, F for Finish and L for landing.
My point being that being able to toggle off those labels would be advantageous.
Perhaps small arrows on the route would be a better option.

The idea behind our comments and feedback, is to improve the Condor2 program, and this is something that bugs me whilst I'm using it.

Printing the map would be great if I had a colour printer, but when printing grey scale it doesn't assist much, (contour line option?)
and it's a problem to view saved BMP's of the route whilst flying.

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Thu May 07, 2020 4:43 pm

Use your phone or tablet to view the task-map images...

TimoA16

Post by TimoA16 » Sun May 10, 2020 10:39 pm

Hello,

I don't know if this has been asked before(I havent found anything in the forums), but:

Would it be possible to use the real FAI Club Class and Doubleseater Class handicaps in the scoring, when the task is flown in only one class?
Or is there any reason why the DAeC-Index, which is used for decentral competitions and sports/mixed class only in RL, is preferred?

Greetings
Timo | 22A :)

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Mon May 11, 2020 12:05 am

That's on the wish-list...

be_adairing

Post by be_adairing » Mon May 11, 2020 1:45 pm

I would love to see support for

More airspace penalty zones - how about 256? or even a 1000 zones? We could model the real airspace then (even if they are all cubes it would be good enough.

Importing weather settings into a task
Importing airspace settings into a task

Select a single glider for a race (not the class)

Weather cycling / over development

Areas with large blue holes in the cloud !

Kandiru

Post by Kandiru » Tue May 12, 2020 4:50 pm

VIEW ZOOM AXIS please.

For those of us with MFG and Thrustmaster pedals with toe-in axes, so we can identify distant objects in a flash.
I sorely miss this feature from my IL-2 Sturmovik warbirds simulator, where I had I had it programmed in my left
pedal toe-in axis.

It is the equivalent of carrying binoculars.

Thank You

Najlepša Hvala!

timbaeyens

Post by timbaeyens » Tue May 12, 2020 7:55 pm

Exists already, I have it mapped to a thrustmaster throttle axis (finger paddles)
TT

jmurtari

Post by jmurtari » Tue May 12, 2020 10:02 pm

Folks, I like the wish list!!! This was a separate posting, thought I would add it here.

With photo scenery and more realistic simulation environments it would be very helpful if the flight planner would allow you to pick the direction for takeoff -- regardless of wind direction. Let me takeoff with a 10 knot tailwind. I notice that now it forces the direction at 6 knots.

Many Clubs have preferred runways for safety reasons and not unusual at all to go with a tailwind. This can dramatically change rope break scenarios and can be very useful for training.

I can understand in the past the focus was on the soaring aspect of flight, and not takeoff/landing, but now with better local sceneries -- support for a specified takeoff direction would be a welcome addition.

Best regards!
John

h.kreso

Post by h.kreso » Sat May 16, 2020 11:43 am

Hi all,

for me, I am quite bothered by the sound when connecting another pilots in the session, now especially when we have spectactors. Can this sound turn off or add volume control, like vario?

I'm fly with headset and VR and it can be frustrating

DonPedros

Post by DonPedros » Sat May 16, 2020 2:42 pm

soldano wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:03 am
AI Competitors.
I used time ago to fly "Sailors of the Sky" ,which by the way, at its time was an excelent and advanced sim. As I dont fly online, the only thing I miss from it , is the lack of AI competitors flying with me.
At SOTS that was very well implemented. You could fly against them in a very reallistic way.
I guess coding that is very dificult, but can be done.
Yeah, AI competitors would be fantastic for all off-line flyers...
This would make Condor 2 absolutely perfect for off-line users like me ;-)