User wish list to Condor creators

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

JamesNL

Re: User wish list to Condor creators

Post by JamesNL » Mon May 18, 2020 12:26 am

Hi all,

It would be great if we could use TACVIEW for analyzing the flights afterwards.
As a BMS and DCS flyer I always use it.

The Track files that are currently created can't be opened by TacView.
TacView uses telemetry data in the form of .txt or .acmi files.

To the Condor team, thanks for the great program!

rlwagner

Post by rlwagner » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:50 pm

CristianoConrado wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 7:50 am
In Condor, if a pilot reaches the finish line below the minimum altitude he simply can not finish.

Can you allow the finish line with penalty/meter below?
DITTO!!
Gravity always wins!

rlwagner

Post by rlwagner » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:57 pm

TomD_1001 wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 9:41 am
It's a pain in the a**, but possible to move instruments around and even add new instruments.
Yes, I've done a good bit of that myself. My pet peeve is the tiny airspeed indicators on many Condor glider panels. I always enlarge them. And I often rearrange the instruments.

Alas, that is not the issue with the LS4. I thought so, before I learned better, and so I just moved the compass down lower in the panel. And it moved to where I wanted it. HOWEVER! The panel itself is a graphic image that has a black square stuck up on top of the panel. So, after my edit the compass was gone but the big block remained, and that's really the problem---the black square that I cannot edit.
Gravity always wins!

rlwagner

Post by rlwagner » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:44 pm

Need for the "Trimmer" to display trim percentage on screen.

The "Trim Up" and "Trim Down" controls do three things:
1. Change the trim setting
2. Move the stick in the cockpit
3. Display the trim percentage in the lower-right corner of the screen

But the "Trimmer" does only the first two:
1. Change the trim setting
2. Move the stick in the cockpit

But it DOES NOT display the trim percentage! This causes the Trimmer to get out of sync.

Please make the "Trimmer" control change the trim percentage displayed on screen.
Gravity always wins!

rlwagner

Post by rlwagner » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:22 pm

We NEED to be able to edit the lat/long in Condor turn points.

I regularly use Condor to practice and train others in flying real life contest tasks. I often cannot exactly duplicate a club's turn points in Condor because it does not allow the lat/long to be edited. So I have to guess, then fly it in Condor and Top Hat (which has the official published turn points) and then tweak Condor and refly, then repeat and repeat.

I cannot believe that the Properties tab for turn points does not allow lat/long tweaking so we can precisely match published worldwide turn points.
Gravity always wins!

be_adairing

Post by be_adairing » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:18 pm

You can put your own/REAL turnpoints into a cup file for any particular landscape you have installed:

For instance South East UK 3 has inside it's landscape directory a cup file with all the landscape creators TP's in it. Do not touch this file.

Your own TP's can go in {user_dir}\Condor\Turnpoints\{landscape_name}.cup

So in this case the file would be called "South East UK3.cup"

Paul

be_adairing

Post by be_adairing » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:21 pm

For my own wish lis;-

please can we have PROPER airspace and the ability to import it.

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:22 pm

rlwagner wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:22 pm

I regularly use Condor to practice and train others in flying real life contest tasks. I often cannot exactly duplicate a club's turn points in Condor because it does not allow the lat/long to be edited. So I have to guess, then fly it in Condor and Top Hat (which has the official published turn points) and then tweak Condor and refly, then repeat and repeat.

I cannot believe that the Properties tab for turn points does not allow lat/long tweaking so we can precisely match published worldwide turn points.
be_adairing wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:18 pm
You can put your own/REAL turnpoints into a cup file for any particular landscape you have installed:

For instance South East UK 3 has inside it's landscape directory a cup file with all the landscape creators TP's in it. Do not touch this file.

Your own TP's can go in {user_dir}\Condor\Turnpoints\{landscape_name}.cup

So in this case the file would be called "South East UK3.cup"

Paul
If you don't want to modify the .cup file, to can use CoCoCo to convert lat/lon to Condor coordinates
https://condorutill.pagesperso-orange.f ... tml#CoCoCo
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

dingetje

Post by dingetje » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:59 pm

Please add an option to show the yaw string AND the plane, but without the instrument panel. This is especially useful for cockpit builders.

The range of the vertical view offset is insufficient.

Better support for multi projector setup, with blending overlay. Currently Condor supports multi display, but doesn't understand the concept of overlap, required for multi projector setup. Other fly-sims have much better support for this.

Post by 6266 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:22 am

dingetje wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:59 pm
Please add an option to show the yaw string AND the plane, but without the instrument panel. This is especially useful for cockpit builders.
What do you want to see instead of the instrument panel? The fuselage? If yes I think you only want to hide the instruments. You can do it in the .gau file, f.x. DuoDiscus.gau. All instruments have a PosX=..., it's the difference from the instruments to a given point in the plane (don't know exactly which one) in meters. If you change the value to a f.x. 10 cm higher value (in DuoDiscus from 2.0... to 2.1...), then the instruments disappear behind the panel.

In the Cockpit.dds you can define the color of the panel on most of the planes. I changed nearly all, only the Ventus has the definition of the color at another place, I never found. Maybe this is on other planes too, I don't have all planes.

If there are decals on the panel you can edit them in the Decals.dds

.dds files can be changed f.x. with paint.net, it's free.

Remember that these files will be overwritten in a hangar update. So you have to backup the changed files and copy them back after the update.

Here the DuoDiscus without instruments, needed max. 2 minutes for it
Shot3196.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Visit https://www.baleit.no

Vintage Series 24, The Journey
26 landscapes with free available textures, newest: AlpsW

Discord https://discord.gg/bAXJaRT6ZC

wickid

Post by wickid » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:32 am

I think what he means is the wingtips visible, but not the whole fuselage ahead of the pilot.
PH-1504, KOE

dingetje

Post by dingetje » Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:30 pm

I think what he means is the wingtips visible, but not the whole fuselage ahead of the pilot.
Correct, this is for a sim setup with a real fuselage and instrument panel (using FreeInstruments). Currently we run with yaw string only, but then you won't see the wing tips.

Currently we're running with yaw sting only as can be seen in this photo:

Thanks for the suggestion to edit the plane file and remove instruments there, but that would not solve our problem.

wickid

Post by wickid » Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:04 pm

Are you using the ASK21 only?
PH-1504, KOE

johngfoster

Post by johngfoster » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:10 am

rlwagner wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:22 pm

You CAN edit any turnpoint on any scenery in Condor. You have to do it in the turnpoint file though.

C:\Users\(yourname)\Documents\Condor\Turnpoints

Pick the landscape, and there is the file. Edit it, and then save it. You can add to it as well.