General C2 failures during flight

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

wingover

General C2 failures during flight

Post by wingover » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:13 pm

When C2 first came out, I was running win 7 with a 500 GB SSD. Windows 7 was a great stable platform but SSD was not large enough to hold the larger scenery files related to the new sim.

I was busy with other life things at the time so I just took a year or so break from Condor.

Finally about 3 months or so ago I got around to installing a new 1TB SSD. While I was doing this, Windows 7 was very soon to be unsupported with MS. Very sad news for me since it was the most stable MS OS I had every used. So Win 10 is now in my PC causing me grief on a fairly regular basis. Not being software engineer, fixing the regular occurring bugs is incredibly frustrating for me. I have no clue which one of the million+ switches need to be turned on/off to make things work right.

Which brings me to the issues with C2. Out of 10 flights I usually get minor to major failure issues in 5 or 6 of the flights. Some make me have to check out of a competition, some you can continue but without a feature, etc. Here are some of the issues that have occurred recently....

Track IR stops working. Sometimes out of the blue but always if you use certain F keys. I can get to win task bar, enable TIR again but it does not work when I go back into Condor. This one is very annoying.
Rudder pedals not functional when you join a competition. Have to exit and rejoin if join time is still open. Is this a C2 control check thing?
Condor module application failure and shuts down sim and locks cursor. Happened only today 4KM from finish.
Other odd minor failures that occur randomly.

However, I have to say no blue screens since C2.

One other question I have is the text feature. I remember that in the past when I wanted to send a message, hit enter to open the message box, type the message then Hit enter again to send. If you wanted to get rid of the message compose box, you just hit enter without putting a message in and it would go away, right? Now, I have to hit escape key then click my cursor outside of the end flight box to get the message box gone. Is this how it is now?

So my question is, are these problems a C2 issue of Win 10? Any help would be appreciated.