Hangar Update 6 is released

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

OXO
Condor Team

Hangar Update 6 is released

Post by OXO » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:52 am

With Libelle :mrgreen:
Shot26.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

berymar

Re: Hangar Update 6 is released

Post by berymar » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:55 am

:)

eMBe

Post by eMBe » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:16 pm

Hey, is it just me, or after Hangar update you cannot change water load for Club class once you choose a plane via "Club" Plane class list?
If you choose Libelle or Cirrus from "All" Plane class list it works fine.

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:34 pm

That's not you, and that's not new (it's been so since Condor 2.0, and probably it was already so in C1) :
Club class rules do not allow the use of any water ballast.
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

DanD

Post by DanD » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:27 pm

Would it be possible to get a close-in picture of the panel, please?

Fabry

Post by Fabry » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:23 am

Not buying a Libelle model will almost certainly upset the gods of soaring, in a way that you'll never find a thermal in RL again, so it's kind of a mandatory purchase good move guys! :lol:
Fabry
FDS
ASW-19 N80SF

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:59 am

DanD wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:27 pm
Would it be possible to get a close-in picture of the panel, please?
There’s a cockpit picture on the website
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

jcomm

Post by jcomm » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:21 pm

In my Hangar already - looking fwd to test it tonight :-)
José Oliveira
Hey you Chicks flying bricks....
Come Fly Gliders ! Be Outsiders!

DanD

Post by DanD » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:17 pm

@OXO. Thank you for the reply. Noted; I was hoping for a hi-res pic to avoid buying another add-on plane that I can't use due to size/visibility of the ASI font. On that pic of the Libelle, note the size of the font on the vario and altimeter compared to the ASI... On the blow-up of the cockpit pic, it's blurry, but not visible. I have adjusted myself closest possible to the front of the glider with the setup controls, and in the V3 15 and 18, have to use the cockpit zoom a lot, which I find makes the experience unrealistic and jarring... The Antares, once I increased the font size, is usable, as are Genesis, Std Cirrus, and Duo (all with font mods). I won't buy ASG-29 (Es is interesting, but that doesn't balance the ASI size problem), JS-1 (21 m would be interesting but that ASI...). There is an 80mm vario in one of the V3's. Pity it isn't the ASI. I'd much rather have an ASI I can see than the big PDA. Love the V3 handling, performance, PDA; hate the ASI.

I fly two club contests a week, in Condor 1 Thursdays, and Condor 2 Tuesdays. It is a relief to fly the old version, which universally has ASIs I can see. C2 is better in many ways; but the dimness and size of the ASI fonts is not one of them. The Man Machine Interface was good, and is now, poor. I saw this day 1, and called it a critical weakness. Nothing has changed my opinion.

I guess I'll be out of the market for most new gliders. In the poll I did earlier on, 66% agreed with me, with admittedly a small number responding. One wonders how many of those are sitting on the sizelines as I will be. I do use CoTASA, but that screws up my instrument scan a lot, and I don't think that having to use an add-on utility to find out how fast you're going should be necessary.

3D instruments are very artsy, until you try to use them. I would much prefer 2D, clear instruments, as they were in Condor 1. Perhaps opening the Condor-Club goodies area to instrument substitutions would solve my (and the 66% who agreed in my previous poll) problem - those who can use them as-is would be happy, and after some work by the industrious instrument designers, so would those who aren't. At a minimum, having an option of 80mm ASIs for all add-on gliders would go a ways to fix the only downside. Gotta go - flying in Condor 1 - it's Thursday night!

wickid

Post by wickid » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:18 pm

Here you go:

PH-1504, KOE

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:28 pm

DanD, there are many possible solutions to your problem.
- zoom in! just decrease the FoV using +/- keys and or change the default FoV. You can also use track ir to move your head closer to the instrument panel
- Assign a key to panel zoom
- Install Cotasa to have a digital speed overlay (viewtopic.php?f=29&t=18705)
- Buy a larger monitor :) Or put it closer to your face.