CoTASA (V3.0) VNE alarm, horizon, etc

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

jcomm

Re: CoTASA V2.0

Post by jcomm » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:00 pm

wickid wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:59 am
JanJansens problem is a different one. What Jcomm describes looks more like the ~ being pressed. That was what I was replying too. Should have quoted
Thank you wickid! That was most probably the culprit in my case indeed!
Will try it when again able to play Condor, by next Sunday, and report back !
José Oliveira
Hey you Chicks flying bricks....
Come Fly Gliders ! Be Outsiders!

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:10 pm

Bre901 wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:55 am
I have trouble seing why it would be a keyboard hook problem as the chat messages you mention were triggered by actions by other remote users, no you hitting a keyboard key.
Going by memory here, but pressing D I thought you could hide chat messages, but it doesnt hide FPS counter (or icons)
Then again, I also had no autopilot message, and I dont think you can hide that with anything other than tilde (which would also hide FPS counter)

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:52 pm

janjansen wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:11 pm
Im also skeptical of your TAS conversion. I have dont done the math, but the difference with IAS seems rather big to me. It could be right though it just seemed high Ill look up some numbers later.
Now that I know how to make XCSoar work better with Condor (viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18791&p=162169#p162169) I can use it more as a debug tool.
I made some tests (Blanik, Slovenia, so no landscape quality issues :wink: , no wind, no thermals, no nothing) and I climbed up to 4000m (magic key above the Austrian border)
The TAS I compute in CoTASA matches the ground speed shown by XCSoar to 2-3 km/h @250 km/h which is good enough for a VNE warning
BTW flutter starts around 275 which is exactly VNE+10% (same threshold for the Antares)
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

dpluigi

Post by dpluigi » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:07 am

Hi,

Thank you for a great utility. A question about COTASA display, is there a way to make it work when Virtual Reality VR mode is enabled?

I get the audio=, but COTASA is only updated on my monitor but not in the VR headset.

Donat
ImageImage

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:13 am

dpluigi wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:07 am
Hi,
Thank you for a great utility. A question about COTASA display, is there a way to make it work when Virtual Reality VR mode is enabled?
I get the audio=, but COTASA is only updated on my monitor but not in the VR headset.
I have no plans for the time being to port CoTASA to VR.
I'm not following actively all the VR threads, but I have seen that there is a possibility to feed a video stream from a camera or another screen to the VR display (for XCSoar, CondorNav or whatever)
Last edited by Bre901 on Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:16 am

Following the release of Hangar Update 6, I have updated the glider data for CoTASA, they are available for download
http://condorutill.pagesperso-orange.fr/
No need to update CoTASA
Search for "Glider data" below the CoTASA icon, download the file and unzip it in the Settings folder

dpluigi

Post by dpluigi » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:44 pm

Bre901 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:13 am
dpluigi wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:07 am
Hi,
I have no plans for the time being to port CoTASA to VR.
I'm not following actively all the VR threads, but I have seen that there is a possibility to feed a video stream from a camera or another screen to the VR display (for XCSoar, CondorNav or whatever)
Marc,

Thank you for the clarification and the suggestion. I did see something a while back about a video stream overlay using a second camera, but it didn't seem practical (and I can't remember where).
Following-up on that thought, I searched for apps directly capturing whole desktop or windows in order to overlay in the VR Video stream. I tried a couple of them and was able to pin the CoTASA Artificial Horizon somewhere in the cockpit (World) and the Display to my head mounted display (View) . Good news: it seems a viable solution and it allows to tinker with overlay settings in a way that might not require to port CoTASA to VR.

The apps I tried:
UVROverlay-ALPHA-0.0.1
OpenVRDesktopDisplayPortal-v1.0.6 (which is now developed and sold on Steam under OVRDrop)
and
OVRDrop V1.0.5(q) (Default version available on steam, but this version requires a code key from Github (see link below for further details)).

Note: OVRDrop works but is still in development and requires some simple workaround to obtain multiple overlays. Here below is a message I got from OVRDrop Developer, which others might find useful to get started. I will write a specific post once I worked the kinks of using OVRDRop (or other Overlay apps) with CoTASA, XCSoar or TS3Disp in Condor VR, if it hasn't been posted yet (I haven't find a forum thread on this).

Thank you again Marc for developing and sharing another great tool with the Condor Soaring community.
Jaded Feb 27 @ 6:34pm on https://steamcommunity.com/app/586210/discussions/0/1795152172917584829/ wrote: It is also possible to set a hotkey to toggle the overlay (say Horizon or XCsoar). At this point, it was practical to use with CoTASA and I will test with XCSoar setup on the same PC as Condor rather than my Android tablet.

The default branch still uses SteamDRM and can only be launched once. Newer builds can be launched by their exe directly, bypassing Steam’s enforcement of a single instance at a time.

Currently the public builds do not support multiple Overlays (still working on this), so you will need to run OVRdrop multiple times.

Each profile is current per instance with no save sync (except on first load). You’ll need to get each of your profiles setup the way you want them and saved before booting up the extra instances, in order to ensure they don’t overwrite each other's changes, which they will do if you save from different instances.
ImageImage

Marpilot

Post by Marpilot » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:15 pm

Hi,
how can I disable keyboard when sending a meesage to other players after "backspace"?
I mean these O,I,U keys not to interact with Cotasa when typeing a text.

Thanks

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:20 pm

The backspace key is detected by default in order to prevent these interactions.

Have you changed that key definition in the Condor setup ?
Have you changed that key definition in the CoTASA.ini file ?

Please send the Logs\Logfile.txt to the mail address indicated in the Support section of the manual

Marpilot

Post by Marpilot » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:11 pm

Ok, just sent the mail to you :)

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:26 pm

Unrecognized key definition in the CoTASA.ini :
Key Chat Open="backspace"
The key definitions are described above in the file :
# Input key selection (uppercase, between "", e.g.: "U" or ASCII code : ASC85 or scancode : SCN22)

I should have added that for non-printable characters, one must use the ASCII code or the scancode :oops:

But this might have been inferred from the comment just above the Key Chat Open open line :
# Condor default = ASC8 (Backspace)

Besides that, there is no need to define that key in CoTASA.ini if the "Send message" command is mapped to any keyboard key (including the BACKSPACE), because the mapping is read in the controls.ini

Marpilot

Post by Marpilot » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:08 pm

Even if it was only :
Key Chat Open=
I had the same problem with active O,I,U

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:19 pm

Can't do tests for the time being.
Until then, could you please try either Key Chat Open=ASC8 or Key Chat Open=SCN14 (equivalent)

Marpilot

Post by Marpilot » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:02 pm

Thanks,
putting ASC8 solved the problem :)
(checked offline)

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:24 am

I have made tests with a fresh install (nothing changed in the CoTASA.ini file except the Pilots folder) , both on- and offline and I haven't been able to reproduce your problem, the backspace key is correctly detected.

Could you please try to reproduce it again with Key Chat Open= and send me :
- Logfile.txt
- CoTASA.ini