Install registry files Condor2

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Love2Fly

Install registry files Condor2

Post by Love2Fly » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:20 pm

Hi Condor community,

I'm experiencing troubles with installing and running Condor2.

My fast conclusion is that the installer doesn't install the needed registry files.
There is no 'Condor2' folder in the 'Registry Editor'.

The installer does install Condor2, but when running the Condor.exe, I get an error: 'This application has failed to start because dxgi.dll' was not found.'

I've tried to install the software about 8 times allready, but no registry files appear.
I also have Condor1 installed.

Is there any way to fix this?

Thank you! :)

Cheers,

Frank Hiemstra
Frank Hiemstra - Dutch Gliding Team & GliderTracking.com

janjansen

Re: Install registry files Condor2

Post by janjansen » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:37 pm

Condor installer does create registry entries, even if perhaps they dont reference the install path. I know, because I copied condor over from another drive and all seemed to work until I tried installing a hangar update. The fix was installing condor so the registry entries are created.

The error you get, seems to be related to directx. Try reinstalling directx:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... aspx?id=35

Love2Fly

Post by Love2Fly » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:06 pm

Thanks for the tip Jan, I installed the DirectX update, unfortunately no result.

I think I have to manually import the registry files.. but how?
Frank Hiemstra - Dutch Gliding Team & GliderTracking.com

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:07 pm

There is no need and no point to mess with the registry. Condor does run without any registry keys at all (but it wont update among other possible side effects), so the error you are getting is not related to missing registry keys, there is a problem with directx

Is it possible you installed reshade or something similar?

And just for the record, if you installed condor you should have entries in Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cndr2
But like I said, even without that, condor will still start fine

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:55 am

Uninstall Condor, then reinstall will replace the registry keys.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

pilot_andy

Post by pilot_andy » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:24 am

I have a similar issue. Some directx files seem to be missing. It's stalling looking for D3DX11effects.dll. Microsoft now upgrades Windows 10 to directX 12. I don't know if Condor only runs on version 11. Looking for D3DX files they have a variety of version numbers embedded in their file names and they appear in several different directories. I seem to have files from versions 9, 10 and 11. The system reports that I'd upgraded to version 12.

One of my theories is that I have an old graphics card. Perhaps the missing files appear if I install a new graphics card, the missing files being part of the driver suite?? In any case, my graphics card does not support the minimum requirements for Condor 2, so it's time to buy a new one. Nvidia also don't list my card as DirectX 11 compatible. Wish me luck!

I'll post here if this fixes things, else please send advice.

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:40 am

DirectX is backwards compatible. You may have DX12 software installed, but it will support DX11 (and much older) games.
Of course, your videocard also needs to support that, and if as you say, your GPU is not DX11 compatible, then it wont work.

pilot_andy

Post by pilot_andy » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:33 am

I bought a new graphics card which is compatible with DirectX 12. It's working fine, but condor isn't. I found d3dx11effects_JSB.dll on the web, so it quit complaining about that. Now it lists all the other files it can't find ...

C:\condor2\GUI\splashscreen.bmp
C:\condor2\GUI\debriefing.bmp
C:\condor2\GUI\wind-static.bmp

The GUI directory has several folders in it, but no files. All of the folders are empty. I'd download the installation package and re-installed it a few times. I've uninstalled Condor2, then re-installed it. No change. I've tried installing it with "run as administrator". I have 412G of space left on the C:/ drive. Any ideas??

pilot_andy

Post by pilot_andy » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:47 am

Is this just me being dumb? I'd downloaded the patch to 2.06 responding to an email that told me it was there. Now that I read the installation instructions carefully it's assuming that I already have Condor 2.0 installed. This isn't an upgrade from Condor 1.15, which I already bought. It's a whole new purchase to shift to 2.0. I've only pulled down an upgrade to a base product I don't actually have. That would explain a lot!

wickid

Post by wickid » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:59 am

Correct. Condor 2 is a whole different software package. You would need to buy that one. The 2.0.6 update won't work with Condor 1.1.5.
PH-1504, KOE

pilot_andy

Post by pilot_andy » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:26 pm

Silly me. Thanks for the confirmation. :?

jma73

Post by jma73 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:40 pm

Hello,
I have just bought Condor 2.1.3 set up package I get messages "d3dX. dll and d3dxd11.ddl " when i try to run the condor .exe file
Condor 2 has been downloaded and installed on W10 Pro PC Intel I5, 8Go Ram memory and NVidia Geforce GTX 1650 4Go video memory ; system is 64 bits and uses DirectX12 version ; graphic parameter has been set to" Performance graphic " on PC configuration panel and the NVidia graphic card has been specified to be used for Condor 2 in the NVidia 3D configuration panel .
Do you have any idea about how to solve this issue ?