V2.0.3 update and Track IR

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

n98Bk9-NT3

V2.0.3 update and Track IR

Post by n98Bk9-NT3 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:24 am

Dear Condor Develop Team,

Thanks for your great efforts to provide V2.0.3 update and new planes of JS1s.

However, I found a strange phenomenon of view position when using Track IR.

After applied V2.0.3 update, I could not see whole instrument panel nor whole PDA display, even on a new JS1.
Comparing to no TrackIR views, the position looks much higher or upward angled, or a step forwarded with Track IR.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hehb36z64fbm8 ... n.png?dl=0

So I had to center Track IR a little bit higher angled than usual, then return my head straight forward.
But I feel strange throughout my flight.

How can I adjust view position much lower than setting limit?

Naoki

janjansen

Re: V2.0.3 update and Track IR

Post by janjansen » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:42 am

Ah, I noticed the same, but I thought it was related to me using triple monitors now, and thus the changed FOV.
But indeed, I had trouble seeing my instruments (also using trackir) and it felt awkward.

I also seemed to notice a reduction in angle, particularly in the vertical. In fairness, the angles are probably more realistic now, in the sense that they mimic how far we can tilt our head, but our screens have far smaller viewing area's than our eyes, so IRL, we probably can see further up/down. Especially since we can also rotate our eyes, and not just our head. Sitting in a chair, more upright than you would in any modern glider, I can easily see above and even slightly behind me when looking up. In condor thats now impossible.

Uros
Condor Team

Post by Uros » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:09 am

There is a FOV setting in Setup -> Options.

Does that affect the center of TrackIR as well? Can you please check?
Uros Bergant,
Condor Team

Rotareneg

Post by Rotareneg » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:53 pm

Neither the Default FOV setting nor the Vertical view center setting had any effect on the default center of view when using TrackIR, it seems to always default to straight forward when TrackIR is detected.

Without TrackIR on the Blanik:

And with TrackIR:

jcomm

Post by jcomm » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:14 pm

Strange ?

For me it looks by default like in the top picture when I use TIR5.

I didn't touch Condor2's default view reference values, and I do not exactly recall which TIR profile I am using, but I guess it's one of Requiem's ( used in IL2 Battle of Stalingrad or Rise of Flight: check here ).
José Oliveira
Hey you Chicks flying bricks....
Come Fly Gliders ! Be Outsiders!

krzyzakov

Post by krzyzakov » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:54 pm

When trackir is on, the slider "Vertical view center" has no effect. The view center is set up as high as possible. This is not a problem with the FOV (I want to have 80 degrees), but with the height of the eyes. Please fix it.

n98Bk9-NT3

Post by n98Bk9-NT3 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:02 pm

Thanks all for responding my post.

Hope next patch include fixing "vertical view center' function with Track IR, and/or adjusting view hight to the same between with TrackIR and without TrackIR.

Naoki

timbaeyens

Post by timbaeyens » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:47 pm

In Opentrack Options, Camera tab, I can change the "Custom center pos(ition)" - this works ...
TT

SteveK

Post by SteveK » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:15 am

I'm a bit confused what all this is about. I use TrackIR and have not noticed an issue (However as I can only fly occasionally I do need to set up the camera/connect Joystick etc before each session).

Part of my setup routine includes checking the FoV of TrackIR camera in the TIR app (that the headgear is centred in the camera view), and the using the Centre key (I have that set to F12) whilst looking at the centre of screen. I might do a second "F12 to re-centre" whilst in the launch queue, but I've always done that and have not consciously noticed anything different between Condor 1/2 or the various C2 patches.

I do have a custom Condor TIR profile, but that just ensures that looking towards top/sides of screen looks at the clouds above back behind wings, but scales looking down right back (so I do not loose situational awareness whilst looking down at keyboard/map)

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:37 am

The issue is, when you center your track ir, what is the resulting camera pitch in condor? ie how much of your instrument panel you see?

Without trackir, you can modify this in condor, using the "vertical view center". With a trackir, this no longer makes any difference.

What Tim suggests ought to work when you use opentrack, but unfortunately there is no simple way to do this in trackir. You might be able to adjust the curve, by disabling mirror and moving all the curve points for the pitch curve so that curve shifts horizontally, and gives a non zero head angle when trackir is centered, but that is tedious at best.

SteveK

Post by SteveK » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:58 pm

Ahhh I see what you mean . I must just have been automatically 'dialling it out' in-game using the TrackIR software Hotkeys.

I was test flying a task this morning and I checked the TrackIR software after flying. I found that when I'd finished (after an hours flying, which included a couple of re-centers), I'd ended up with the TrackIR software registering 'looking at the centre of the monitor as being about 10 degrees down.

It wasn't a distraction for me until now. Now it will bug me! Thanks! :evil: :evil: :D :D :D

(TrackIR s/w 5.4 TrackIR 4 hardware, Condor 2.0.4)

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:33 pm

The "dialing out" by recentering only works acceptably if you dont have a dead zone and a fairly linear curve in trackir. I use a pretty large (almost) deadzone, and that messes things up if you want to change the center.

jsfs

Post by jsfs » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:26 am

I also experience the high TrackIR viewpoint in V2.0.5.