Creating a Flight School Lesson in Condor 2

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

gliderbooks

Creating a Flight School Lesson in Condor 2

Post by gliderbooks » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:48 pm

New video on how to create a flight school lesson in Condor2.

Please check out the Mach 0.1 Simulated Glider Cockpit at http://www.gliderbooks.com/mach-0.1.html

Also, join our Flight Training Newsletter to get information concerning sales, updates, training topics, and new materials. Please sign up from our website (http://www.gliderbooks.com), our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/gliderbooks/_), or at the following link: http://eepurl.com/beXQ8z

jcomm

Re: Creating a Flight School Lesson in Condor 2

Post by jcomm » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:39 pm

Very Good!

Thx for sharing!!!!
José Oliveira
Hey you Chicks flying bricks....
Come Fly Gliders ! Be Outsiders!

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:39 pm

I have to say, that seat is pretty nifty. But I would make it more compatible with a triple monitor setup, because if you're spending that kind of money and especially if you are using it for basic instruction, you really can use the extra peripheral vision (especially now that condor begins to properly support multiple screens with their own perspective).

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:44 am

For testing purposes, I was looking for an easy way to make a repeatable start from a chosen point, that solves it perfectly.

Thanks for sharing !
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

Fuchur

Post by Fuchur » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:43 pm

gliderbooks wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:48 pm
How do you add markers poles and blue glideslopes (condor 2) / yellow glideslope boxes (condor 1) to your flight lessons?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IlA4CcjBmg&t=228

Want to redo a few lessons in a flatland environment.

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:59 am

Fuchur wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:43 pm
gliderbooks wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:48 pm
How do you add markers poles and blue glideslopes (condor 2) / yellow glideslope boxes (condor 1) to your flight lessons?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IlA4CcjBmg&t=228

Want to redo a few lessons in a flatland environment.

The "marker poles" are simply waypoints in the task, made visible by enabling turnpoint helpers. Those yellow boxes appear when you change the waypoint type to "window" and set rather tight width and height parameters for the window in the task.

I am confused about the blue navigation lines though. They used to be in condor v2 by default, drawn between waypoints when turnpoint helpers was turned on; but many people complained and they have been removed since. It seems they still work in the flight school though? Or only if the lesson was recorded before this option was disabled?

Fuchur

Post by Fuchur » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:49 pm

Figured it out.

Condor 2 still has the blue lines as soon as you use windowed turnpoints. However you do not see the windowed turnpoints in Gliderbooks flight lessons as the are set very small.

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:09 pm

The blue lines seem to appear when flying offline, regardless of turnpoint type (maybe they need a height, not sure).

The window appears to work as always, Im not sure I understand what you mean that they would be too small?

BA

Post by BA » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:50 pm

Hint:

While in the replay editing mode you can press F9 to turn the default view off.
That will work in the "view lesson"-mode aswell :mrgreen:

Cheers
BA

Pregily

Post by Pregily » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:41 pm

Hello to all, I am new here, and only start learning Concord, thanks for video, was very helpful for me - newbie

VinceHarada

Post by VinceHarada » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:20 am

Very useful and easy to follow. Thanks for sharing it man.

jfgombault

Post by jfgombault » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:10 pm

Very instructive Topic !

I already did several translation in french of original lessons from condor and added few lessons for the local of Fayence Gliding Club environnement as developped in the video , including showing gliding slope and pole ( Behing displayed optionnaly with "J" key. This works fine.

Now I am looking to add text in the replay just like in the condor lessons.

In the language folder of the lessons, you can see this text being displayed in the lessons : ( ie Thermal Soaring )

000524 Main method to climb with a glider is to use thermals.
000561 Cumulus clouds, like one ahead us, are best signs of areas of rising air that we are looking for.
000612 That helpers are telling us a lot about thermals.If they are enabled in menu, pressing 'H' key activates them.
000662 Red bubbles column is core of thermal and yellow ones are surrounding mases of rising air.

it seams that the number like 000524 is an timing index to specify when text is displayed

When editing the corresponding replay file, we can spot the same text at the begining of the file.
Would someone know the means to set up the index and insert the line of text it in the replay file ?
Using this same technics, would it be possible to insert voice record file to be displayed at the same timing ?

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:56 pm

The procedure is as follows:

- make flight and save replay
- view replay and add comments with BACKSPACE. If you want to delete last comment, press BACKSPACE and enter .d
- you can go forward or backward in time and add/delete comments as long as you like. Save the replay once you're satisfied.
- open replay.rpy in a text editor and copy the comments portion at the beginning of the file. Save it to a text file and place it in the flightschool\languages folder.
- when users view the flight lesson, Condor searches for a language specific txt file. If it's not found, it defaults to English.

The "times" in txt file are useless for manual editing.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

jfgombault

Post by jfgombault » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:36 pm

Oxo,

Thanks a lot !

It works just fine ! No issues . I created the Lessons with all poles, gliding lines and instructor comments in a flawless manner at the first try !

One more question: Is there a minimum limit at 300 m altitude for setting up windows ? I am tring to ajust the blue line in short finale, but I am not able to set the window below 300 m ... any workaround ?

T-bone Tom

Post by T-bone Tom » Wed May 15, 2019 1:38 am

Gliderbooks.
I am NOT computer literate but I can probably figure it out if I just have to but..........
But, would you consider making some of your lesson flight plans available to people like me for a reasonable fee?
Specifically the cross wind landings.
Thanks in advance.
T-bone Tom