Re: Creating a Flight School Lesson in Condor 2

Post by T-bone Tom » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:24 am

jfgombault
I'm screwed. I'm still struggling with English but I'll give it a go. :lol:
Thanks

edwalker

Post by edwalker » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:33 am

I've been building some lessons for my students using this formula that have included ghost "distractions" to keep them scanning. These ghosts appear in the View Lesson mode, but not the Try Lesson mode. Is that supposed to happen or is it a bug? It would be a useful feature for helping students deal with landing traffic as part of their in-flight decision making.

cvvs

Post by cvvs » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:54 pm

T-bone Tom wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:24 am
jfgombault
Thanks
Si tu as google chrome clic droit et traduire en français, cela te permet de tous comprendre................

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:25 pm

cvvs wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:54 pm
T-bone Tom wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:24 am
jfgombault
Thanks
Si tu as google chrome clic droit et traduire en français, cela te permet de tous comprendre................
Pas de souci. Jean-François parle anglais trés bien.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

jmcoursi

Post by jmcoursi » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:25 am

Hi,
I'm trying to create some new lessons for my local gliding club (Grenoble Vol a Voile).
I'm using Condor 2.0.9.0.

I tried to get the blue gliding lines as explained in the previous posts, without success (windowed turnpoints, of various window sizes, etc).
I can see blue lines in the Flight Planner window / Task tab, but not in flight.
I can see the red and white poles (J key).

I can create penalty zones without pb.

I tried the F9 key as indicated in a previous post, that just turns the camera on or off.

I've seen in a previous post that in some previous version of Condor the blue lines were deactivated (but still visible in the existing lessons). That seems to indicate that the feature is recognized in existing files. If necessary, I could hexedit the .rpy files... Is there an utility to do that ? Is there a description of the file format ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks !
-- Jean-Marc Coursimault

jfgombault

Post by jfgombault » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:09 am

Please see my tutorial for creating lessons ( in french :( )
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Pwrti ... GkNnESlmhv
Did you adjust pole visibility to max range ? (30 km). I believe it is the key parameter for having the blue line appearing...
Jf gombault.

jmcoursi

Post by jmcoursi » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:50 am

Super ! En effet mettre la visibilité des turnpoints au maxi (30 km) fait apparaître la ligne bleue.
Et merci pour ce tutorial, je ne l'avais pas vu, c'est parfait.
Bons vols
-- JMC

Wonderful ! Setting the turpoint helpers range to the max (30 km) reveals the blue lines.
And thanks for this great tutorial.
All the best
-- JMC

pkpilot

Post by pkpilot » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:02 pm

The information to create a lesson does not seem to work for me in the current version of condor. I can only place a edited replay in one of the 4 exiting folders (Basic, Intermediate...). I created a custom folder in the lessons folder with the 4 that were already installed. That folder does not appear in the program lesson area. I also had no luck in creating the text to accompany the lesson.

What am I doing wrong, or is creating lessons no longer allowed?

pkpilot

Post by pkpilot » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:45 pm

Lessons can still be created, although they can only be placed in the 4 folders that are already in C2. The template in the video works, although it took me several attempts to type that template with exactly the same characters. Any error in coding makes getting the lesson description and image correct very difficult.

Also, the turn point windows are now white, and the navigation lines are yellow, at least in my version. The turn point helper has 3 modes, off, pole with window or sector, and pole plus navigation lines.

CondorSi

Post by CondorSi » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:01 pm

jfgombault wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:09 am
Please see my tutorial for creating lessons ( in french :( )
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Pwrti ... GkNnESlmhv
Did you adjust pole visibility to max range ? (30 km). I believe it is the key parameter for having the blue line appearing...
Jf gombault.
Hi, is your document available in English please? The link is to a pdf and Google does not offer the chance to translate it. Your work looks excellent!

I am also struggling to edit and save the lesson description (the .htm file). I used Open Office Text Document editor, and it saved it with different html around my text... and although I matched the filename correctly, Condor Flight School ignored the .htm file. My only other option is to edit with Notepad, and that is painful.

Many thanks,
Simon
Visit https://glidingschool.com for free gliding lessons, online and in Condor's Flight School

JShieck

Post by JShieck » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:57 am

when using Open Office save as .txt and rename the file after saving to .htm

CondorSi

Post by CondorSi » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:46 pm

edwalker wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:33 am
I've been building some lessons for my students using this formula that have included ghost "distractions" to keep them scanning. These ghosts appear in the View Lesson mode, but not the Try Lesson mode. Is that supposed to happen or is it a bug? It would be a useful feature for helping students deal with landing traffic as part of their in-flight decision making.
Hi,

Were you able to transfer these Ghosts to a second computer? If so, how? I've been able to capture them in my replays and lessons in Flight School, but I think it is unlikely they will transfer, as there is a hardcoded reference to the ghost in the replay file.

Thanks
Simon
Visit https://glidingschool.com for free gliding lessons, online and in Condor's Flight School

davesalmon

Post by davesalmon » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:09 pm

Is there any way of using a syncronised audio file instead of, or as well as, a text file, for the lessons?

spiceagent11

Post by spiceagent11 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:33 pm

I am confused about the blue navigation lines though. They used to be in condor v2 by default, drawn between waypoints when turnpoint helpers was turned on; but many people complained and they have been removed since