Condor V2 and Windows 10 [Share your experience]

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Paul_UK

Re: Condor V2 and Windows 10 [Share your experience]

Post by Paul_UK » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:54 pm

Manx wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:45 pm

I also have Microsoft Flight Sim X which plays well on high settings.
Drivers are the latest "Game Version"

Cheers.
I just recalled something else that can cause issues. If you use the google drive app turn it off / disable it / stop it running. I can't recall the exact reason why but it was causing grief for some.
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....

Manx

Post by Manx » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:40 am

Paul_UK wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:54 pm
Manx wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:45 pm

I also have Microsoft Flight Sim X which plays well on high settings.
Drivers are the latest "Game Version"

Cheers.
I just recalled something else that can cause issues. If you use the google drive app turn it off / disable it / stop it running. I can't recall the exact reason why but it was causing grief for some.
Thanks for the last tip, I disabled Google Drive and it did improve the frame rate quite noticeably, so I now have a useable sim. :-) The strange thing is that I get the best frame rate when running a screen recorder, doesn't make sense but there it is, I'll just have to record every flight!

Manx

Post by Manx » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:29 am

Rotareneg wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:40 am
I was getting 60 fps (vsync limit) easily with a GTX 760 and an ancient i7-860. Your system should be significantly better, so clearly there's something wrong.
Hi, yes, definitely something wrong but couldn't sort it, so made some major changes.

tomwitkin

Post by tomwitkin » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:34 pm

Different problem. When I start a flight, Condor grabs both my laptop and external display in all modes. Running off an NVIDIA 1660Ti >> HDMI. In my Windows setup -- <Extend these displays> -- my external display is #2 and my "Main display." Condor also identifies the displays backwards (external as #1, laptop internal as #2).

The workaround was to run Condor in <Windowed> mode and minimize the laptop's internal screen. It's annoying, and Condor simply should not behave like this. No other app grabs both screen as if I have setup Windows to <Duplicate these displays>.

However, per someone else's recommendation for a different issue, I changed which display was my "Main." Full screen now shows up on on my external monitor. Yeah!